Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

3d Character in the works

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
E4sY polycounter lvl 11
Here is a 3d character I've been working on lately. It's still a WIP of course. Any critiques would be nice. The plan is to make it into a game ready character.

As a question I'm wondering how best to export the zbrush subtools into topogun for retopology. Should I merge all the subtools together (55 in total) and then decimate, or is there a faster way?

Cont_Female_splash_3.jpg

Replies

• Dimfist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dimfist polycounter lvl 8
    I'm really trying to lock down my anatomy skills so I'm not the best at critting them yet, but I feel you have some proportion issues that need to be addressed first. Her legs are pretty short, if she wasn't on heels they would be just about right but she is on heels so...
    Also her hip is really straight down from her rib cage which isn't a normal female attribute. You should give her some more hip to show that feminine quality.
    Her head hands and feet seem a tad large too.
    Now, as far as your question for best way to import this to topogun. You can seperate it into the animatable bits...such as what will be on the same bones and then decimate. Basically whatever you feel like will be all one piece as far as topology.
    Or, you can keep everything into subtools thought it might be a pain.
    I think what ever you feel will keep the integrity of the sculpt the best is the way you should go.
  • Inhert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Inhert polycounter lvl 9
    I too also agree about what Dimfist saying about some anatomy proportions that are a bit off. I am also not feeling the design of the suit overall. The thing that bothers me the most is the buttocks and hamstring area. I don't know about you but the way you sculpted those areas seemed to be leaning toward hard surface and it doesn't look like it would be comfortable to sit on that suit or even possible for her to sit normally.

Is the suit suppose to be like an exoskeleton type of suit with some parts of it metal or a fabric mixed with rubber like or cloth like material? Right now it's kind of hard to distinguish what kind of material the suit is made out of.
  • E4sY
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    E4sY polycounter lvl 11
    Dimfist, Inhert - Your comments about anatomy issue's helped a lot. I didn't see that before. So you both have my thanks for pointing it out. Also, Inhert the comments about the suit was spot on. I didn't think about how she would sit down when I designed her buttocks and thigh area. It's funny how I could not think of something so obvious as that when I designed it. So, I'll reconfigure those area's as well.