Home Technical Talk

Zbrush issue

Red Deliallisi
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Red Deliallisi polycounter lvl 3
Hi.

Im currenly working on my first project on zbrush and i finally managed to do something other than a sphere. :D

I looked around forums, sites, zbrushcentral etc but i think im not writing the question right.

I attached a thumbnail to show u my problem.
How do i "select" it. I know zbrush refers to obejcts as tools but i cant find this tool that im working with anywhere.

help pls :)

Replies

• ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There's no thumbnail here so I'll offer two suggestions based on what I think you're referring to:
    In the Subtools menu of the Tools bar there's a list of all the tools on your canvas. Click on the one you're working on. With the default UI it's always on tthe right of the screen.
    Make sure you're in Edit mode and not just Draw mode. Hotkey "T"
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    (There is no image attached)

Tools that are imported into zbrush can be selected under the Tool pallette (usually in the top-right of the default layout). Subtools can be selected by using the Tool: Subtool subpallete, or by alt+clicking on the subtool.

Some actions will convert the 3d tool into a 2d image (such as snapshotting it with shift+s, exiting the tool's edit mode, or by saving and laoding the document itself instead of the tool). If this happens then you'll have to clear the document pixels by hitting ctrl+N, and possibly redraw the tool back onto the document with edit mode on. If you accidentally saved the document instead of the tool and no longer have access to the model, you're out of luck.
  • Red Deliallisi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    to:cryrid
    yea, this happened after i saved the document as .zbr (twice!!!).

so i must save as .ztl at the corner of the tool palatte right ?

(posted the thumbnail now)
  • Red Deliallisi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    to: ScudzAlmighty
    it was not the case of the edit mode. ty anyway. :)
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    .zpr (Zbrush Projects) should save the tool as well, but I find it to be less reliable. I'm not completely sure, but it seems to work better when a tool is saved beforehand. They also save a ton of extra data you very likely wont need for a model, which can lead to very large file sizes.

If you're only working on a sculpt, just save the tool itself (.ztl) for the most reliable and straight forward way.
  • Red Deliallisi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid wrote: »
    .zpr (Zbrush Projects) should save the tool as well, but I find it to be less reliable. I'm not completely sure, but it seems to work better when a tool is saved beforehand. They also save a ton of extra data you very likely wont need for a model, which can lead to very large file sizes.

If you're only working on a sculpt, just save the tool itself (.ztl) for the most reliable and straight forward way.

The begning of learning a software alaways has this little things that result in 1-2 days of not working.
    Thanks for the information. Respect .