Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My First Sculpt Muehaha >:)

mxt7.png

Okay so, I made this ugly thing from a sphere it's basically just an... angry.. green.. troll type thing lol, I didn't follow any concepts just went with the flow. I've never actually made anything in Zbrush before I've only been watching some tutorials on how to use the program and just tried it out, this was the result. Ugly but it's a cutie ;).

I'd like some honest feed back (Things I should work on, tips on improving!) :S I didn't know how to get any detail with poly paint, So I just went with plain colors instead. :)

Replies

• Tobbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tobbo polycounter lvl 11
    In the future I would work on gradually building up form and rotating your model more as you work on it.

Your forms will be much better and less lumpy if you gradually build up form and not rush to working on the highest subdivision level.

This is a pitfall almost every new Zbrush user falls into. I was once guilty of it myself.
  • Kukkitero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tobbo wrote: »
    In the future I would work on gradually building up form and rotating your model more as you work on it.

Your forms will be much better and less lumpy if you gradually build up form and not rush to working on the highest subdivision level.

This is a pitfall almost every new Zbrush user falls into. I was once guilty of it myself.

Yeah, I learnt that just as I finished it lol, I'll keep it in mind on the next sculpt, Thx!
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    Dynamesh it to low polys. Then slowly divide subd as you go.