Home General Discussion

What is some of your favourite game art from 2013?

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
adam polycounter lvl 19
Since we're in to 2014 now I thought it would be fun to ask what piece or pieces of game art you really enjoyed from 2013? Whether it was its quality, execution, how it inspired you, or whatever reason made it one of your favourite pieces from 2013, post it here!

I'll kick it off with my love of Ryse's game art.
uWkx58y.jpg

I'm not particularily a fan of Roman architecture, nor did I find the game itself to be very compelling, but the artwork found in the game, in my opinion, was some of the highest quality production artwork I saw in 2013. Randomind's art dump sealed the deal for me.

The Last of Us was a refresher for me in what its like to be complete compelled by the story being told in the environment. Nevermind the story & narrative. There was so much consideration put in to the Last of Us' sets that it reminded me just how important story telling in the environment is for videogames. Rogelio's art dump is really worth your itme if you haven't come by it yet.

There was a lot of fantastic artwork posted by the Polycount community this year. In terms of me personally being inspired and having affirmation that I chose the correct career path, I get that every day from Polycounters and the work they do. One piece of art that I especially loved, or I suppose a gallery of art is more fitting, was the Top 20 entries from the VGREMIX contest we ran back in July. Seriously, if you haven't checked it out yet you really need to see the Top 20 collection page that Sketchfab put together.

So, Polycounters, what game art from the community, the industry, or anywhere in between is a favourite of yours from 2013?

Replies