Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sword

shuboba
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
shuboba polycounter lvl 12
Hey everyone , here is a sword model from a concept that I made. 1530 tris.

sword_5_by_shuboba-d6zlzc1.jpg

swords_concept_by_shuboba-d6zlz1u.jpg

Replies

• Dimfist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dimfist polycounter lvl 8
    Looks dead on as far as modeling go. Not too fond of how the material definitions came out. The noise seems a little too perfectly organized. As far as rendering I'd find a nice way to light it just so that its not this flatly lit object, if that makes sense.
  • ShockInfinite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great job Shuboba.

Did you use Zbrush,maya or max to make them?

What was your process?

I love the texturing and lighting by the way.
  • shuboba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shuboba polycounter lvl 12
    Thank you for the reply's :)

Dimfist - you are probably right that I should payed more attention to some areas to make it look more interesting , as you can never really call an image done :)

ShockInfinite - Thank you very much :) First i sketched the swords on paper then refine them in Photoshop and show them to my friends and since everyone picked 5 (and 2) I decided to make it a low poly. I modeled the High poly mesh in Softimage, then add details in Zbrush. For the low poly and UV I used Softimage again. Baking was done with Xnormal, textures in Photoshop and rendered with Marmoset.

Have a nice holidays :)
  • James Ordner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The normal map, specifically on the gold, looks very procedural and boring. The concept shows very nice surface detail, pieces of the surface of the blade chipped off, etc. I see almost none of it on the model. The gold even looks like it has a cool web pattern in the concept, try sculpting that in zbrush. Take the noise out of the normal map, or at least lessen it. That kind of detail will look better in the gloss map. Cool concept, I'd love to see it fully realized in 3d!