Home Technical Talk

RappaTools3.2 for 3ds Max now Available... quickTopo, activeGrid, PlanarLoops...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSa85b6BX0I"]RappaTools 3.2 - YouTube[/ame]

What's new (1515 aka 3.2):
- Added quickTopo for quick retopology.
- Added WorkingPivot Tool.
- Added Weld 2 Last, Move 2 Grid, Drop on Grid and Move On Grid.
- Added Smart Transform Toggles where you double tap to change the coordinate sys.
- Added ActiveGrid like the WorkPlane inside Modo.
- Added the ability to customise the HotBox.
- Added planarLoop for X and Z to GetSetPointPos.
- Improved the Slide (also now the +ctrl is for sliding partial loops).
- Improved SmartQuads, also added Quads Extend.
- Improved AutoConnectBridge, it can be used to quad cap much faster now.
- Improved ChamferOp, also added parallel and flat quad chamfer modes.
- Improved Mirror X Y Z, also added new options.
- Improved CenterPivot to work with subObjSelection for splines, EditPoly and EditablePoly/Mesh.
- Improved Set Object Scale and Set Object Height to work with multiple objects selected.
- Improved the Materials, now they are reused instead of making new ones.
- Improved ExpertMode, also added UVW Edit Mode and ToggleEdgeSelected.
- You can double tap the SubLevelShortcuts to return to level 0 if keyboardShortcutOverwrite off.
- If you quickly double tap toggleEndResult it will toggle Show Cage.
- Various Fixes, Changes and Improvements...

bridge.gif
aligntools.gif
quicktopo.gif
activegrid.gif
workingpivot.gif

For more info check out the website:
http://remusjuncu.com/rappatools/

Replies

• CompanionCube
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CompanionCube polycounter lvl 12
    wow, awesome update
  • AndroidBebop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow nice, I'll have to download these once I am more familiar with 3DS max. :D
  • RappyBMX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Glad you guys like the update, i still have a lot of features that i want to add, if i could just freeze the time :D
  • monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    Rappy, Great work!
  • Titus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Titus polycounter lvl 14
    It's change my life :poly122:
    Keep it up!:poly136:
  • luxxeon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    One of my all time fav addons for Max. Elevates the modeling tools to entirely new levels.
  • RappyBMX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @monster Thank You :)
    @Titus Thanks, glad you enjoy using it :D
  • Computron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Computron polycounter lvl 7
  • Shaal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • fearian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    Wow, I have a bunch of small scripts which do some of these things... but this looks really complete! seriously considering this - the working grid stuff looks especially nice.
  • RappyBMX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @luxxeon awesome thank you :D
    @computron thank you :D
    @fearian thanks, in case you get it hope you enjoy it :D
  • Mayalicious
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mayalicious polycounter lvl 8
    RappyBMX awesome tools! Congrats! I am a Maya user and very jealous! Why we "Maya users" dont have tools like this =( Is it possible for you to make a Maya version of these tools? You can take all of ours money, i am pretty sure about that =)
  • Shaal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RappyBMX wrote: »
    Glad you guys like the update, i still have a lot of features that i want to add, if i could just freeze the time :D

You will write your own scripts from scratch or you will continue as usual? RappTools is build from: - decrypted Orionflame; - decrypted Polyboost; - scripts from James Haywood; - scripts from a lot of other maxscripters. When you will give credits to the developers of Polyboost, Oronflame and all other guys. You decrypt their scripts, change the names of cnotrols, functions, structs, UI and then sell all that stolen stuff. And you have license aggreement? To protect the stolen scripts? Why? I bought RappaTools just to be sure that almost all of the scripts in it are stolen. By the way, why the name of Marius is removed from your Quad Chamfer tool? Hi is the original creator of the quad chamfer script.
  • WarrenM
  • RappyBMX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    when i started using 3ds max (in 2005-2006, at the age of 15-16) i used a script by Tim Jones (i think it was command panel), but there were things that i did not used and things that i wanted so i started to modify it...
    2d0dlhj.jpg
    eventually that became rappatools... it's true that a lot of people send script snippets that they wanted to be added and i added them i didn't know if they wrote it or not and i didn't bother to ask since i was young and all i thought was that thats cool and sure i'm gonna add it... years passed and i kept changing the script and eventually lost track of what's what... and since i can't check the source of orionflame and polyboost i don't know what came from them :|
    Shaal wrote: »
    And you have license agreement?
    it's not like people care about it... less the %1 of the pc's that rt3 is installed on have a license :|

As for Marius name it's not removed, if you hover you mouse over the quad check box his name will pop-up, so i could make ui more tight...
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    So how does that work out when your including paid scripts by other people in there. quadChamfer is barly cheaper than your whole script, and thus could be diverting money away from it's original creator.

Also what do you mean by your comment about the license, from your site it appears the only way to get it is by buying a license.
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wait, this includes Marius's Quad Chamfer script? Is he cool with that?
  • RappyBMX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i had an agreement with Marius about quadChamfer, and it's barely cheaper because i always wanted for rapaptools to be free until i received a screenshot... also when i get a full time job i plan to make the script around $5...

it appears unless you do a search :|
  • Shaal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    when i started using 3ds max (in 2005-2006, at the age of 15-16) i used a script by Tim Jones (i think it was command panel), but there were things that i did not used and things that i wanted so i started to modify it...
    eventually that became rappatools... it's true that a lot of people send script snippets that they wanted to be added and i added them i didn't know if they wrote it or not and i didn't bother to ask since i was young and all i thought was that thats cool and sure i'm gonna add it... years passed and i kept changing the script and eventually lost track of what's what... and since i can't check the source of orionflame and polyboost i don't know what came from them :|

it's not like people care about it... less the %1 of the pc's that rt3 is installed on have a license :|

As for Marius name it's not removed, if you hover you mouse over the quad check box his name will pop-up, so i could make ui more tight...

Are you kidding? Someone sent you the source code of Orionflame and Polyboost? That guy can decrypt mse file and will sent the source code of one of the best 3dsMax plugins ever to you, so you can...what, make them better? The sourc code of PB and OF is not a snippet. It's a hundreds of lines of code. What about this: http://forum.exetools.com/showthread.php?t=8252 http://forum.gfxdomain.net/help/268-mse-decrypt.html In your new RappaTools3 you have incorporated almost 100% of Polyboost decrypted by you. and you know this better than anyone else. Carl-Mikael spent 3 years to write all the tools of Polyboost, but you can steal, and claims that this is your creation. Who is the next victim?
  • RappyBMX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    never got the usergroup classifications to download the file one the forum, someone did emailed me the scrun.exe file which i only used once on the rayfire script since i was curious + it only worked on v1 encryption, eventually lost the scrun.exe due to a virus... tell me what's from polyboost or other scripts and i'll remove it
  • Shaal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    never got the usergroup classifications to download the file one the forum, someone did emailed me the scrun.exe file which i only used once on the rayfire script since i was curious + it only worked on v1 encryption, eventually lost the scrun.exe due to a virus... tell me what's from polyboost or other scripts and i'll remove it

1. You say:
    never got the usergroup classifications to download the file one the forum,

2. you did not downloaded the scrun.exe. Is this right? Because...
    someone did emailed me the scrun.exe file which i only used once on the rayfire script since i was curious

3. Here you have scrun.exe and you have experiance with it decrypting rayFire script. What is true - you don't have the decrypter or you have it? Or you don't have it anymore doe to a virus problem? If you received the scrun via email, then the attachment is in your mail box. Virus comes and goes, the attachment stays. The polyboost v3, which can be downloaded is protected with old mse encryption mode and scrun can decrypt it. The PB v4 and v.4.1 also can be decrypted, but there most of the functions is ported to C++.
    tell me what's from polyboost or other scripts and i'll remove it

Do you beleive that I will spend time to check all 20 000 + lines of RappaTools against almost the same amount of code in PB + OF to tell you what is stolen? Just a quick overview: All functions where you have "SOsYouWant" are from Orionflame. Almost all verts, edges, polys loop and ring functions are from OF and PB. These variables: "wag, klur, mihu, drr, brr, wrr, jrr" are from PB. You may sey that it is just a coincidence. The same name of vars in the same code as structure, formating, etc? Some of the functions that are from PB(some of them have the exact same name, variables and structures, coding style, some are with changed name, but the variables and structures is the same as in PB): validobjfunc DotLoopfunc SaveSubSelfunc SaveSubSel2func FillHolefunc SetFlowfunc InsertVertsfunc BuildCornerfunc CornerLoopfunc CreatePolygonfunc CurveLoopfunc SpaceLoopfunc StraightLoopfunc CircleLoopfunc EPEUV EPVUE EPFUE EPEUF EPVUF EPFUV Facecountfunc Vertcountfunc You have variable "PBDmesh". Ges why its name starts with PB? So, get all the "snippets" that you have received from random peoples and where you find variables, that starts with "PB" - this is POlyboost. When you find variables, that starts with "Light" - this is from Orionflame. But you already know that.
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    i have never seen either one of you 2 in the forums before, but before you go to far with this maybe it is best to get the original creators of the scripts in here.
  • RappyBMX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    will remove everything right now !
  • Computron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Computron polycounter lvl 7
    What are you removing exactly?
  • RappyBMX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    what he said... backwards compatibility... it will only be max 2012+
  • Shaal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm OK withthe following: - get a few lines of someone else script and build your won tool, using these lines as a core; - get few functions and use them for the same purpose - as a core; - get a whole script and make it better(add new functionality, make it faster, etc). Using the whole script is not OK. And why there are no credits to the authors of the frre scripts that you use in your tool? Why there are no credits to the peoples, that sent you scripts, that you have incorporated in your tool? I am not against you as a scripter. Writing vert and poly loop and ring scripts are based on edge loop and ring. You can write your own script for vert and poly loop ring, 10 other guys can write the same tool and finaly 80% of the scripts will look similar. You can have the same name of variables, the same count of functions, the same structure, maybe the same coding style. And that's OK. I am sure that if you contact with Carl-Mikael and tell him that you wants to use part of his code in your tool he will be OK with that. And you will not have to remove anything from your tool. Just make everything clear and give credits to the peoples that helped you building your tool. I'm sure that your tool is useful for a lot of 3ds max users and they will continue to use it and new people will buy it. Wish you all the best and happy holidays to everyone.
  • RappyBMX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i've emailed Carl and Light if i get the ok then full credits will be given, if not i will continue to remove the code, i've already did removed most of it... happy holidays.