Home Dota 2

Problems with rigging. Need help.

Hello.
I'm working on a set for the Rubick. But I have some problems with rigging. After I did retop of head, I easily put it on the model. It looked good.
The problems began when I started working on the cloak. I also did retop, but I was not able to properly attach it to the body. Although it is attached around where I need it, but shape of cloak changes! The shape becomes ugly view. Cloak does not resemble the original model.
I tried many combinations of attachment to the bones, but only once I got to save the form cloak, but the size become smaller(In any case, the second repeat that I did not succeed, although I did everything just as well and is attached to the same bones. Strange!)
Every time I get something like that. Not exactly, but similar.(I used a three-color texture for example, do not pay attention to color)
9e3z.png

Maybe I just do not understand something fundamental about the rigging. I have no experience with this
By the way, I use FBX file when attached, because I have problems with the materials when I use SMD.

I already tried to find help in other threads and I'm grateful for answers, but I have not found a solution that will help me. So I decided to create my own thread. Hopefully this will lead me to the answer. Thank!

Replies

• Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    What does it look like in your 3D modeling software? I haven't worked with Rubick before but I assume he has a chain of bones which you would skin the cloak to. Are they skinned and weighted to it properly? Also be sure to freeze transforms and delete history before any skinning
  • Renu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for reply!
    What does it look like in your 3D modeling software?
    I think nothing special. I just placed as a cloak must be
    I assume he has a chain of bones which you would skin the cloak to. Are they skinned and weighted to it properly?
    Actually, I had not placed the cloak according to the bones chain before. But now I tried and here is the result:
    09yj.png

Even more strange.
    Also be sure to freeze transforms and delete history before any skinning
    Yes, I think I delete the story every time, but not freeze transformation. Now I tried to export with and without freezing. It seems there was no difference.

So, everything is even more complicated.
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    Hmm...I think the Rubick files on the workshop page are old. Looks like he might have been resized and Valve hasn't updated his files, same thing happened with Juggernaut and Earthshaker, among others.

I would try scaling up the cape and reimport it at the bigger size
  • Renu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It seems you were right! I attached the cloak to decompiled model from client, and now it looks like it should be! Thank you!
    But... now I have problems with other things.
    Cloak does not respond to the physics of engine. It just stuck where I placed it (Cloak moves behind the body bends and so on. But physics does not work)
    I also noticed that when I export, I get this error:
    y8f7.png
    Honestly, I do not understand what exactly it means.
    So, the problem continues. Hehe.