Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Azkur's Crap

Replies

• nikudy
    Offline / Send Message
    nikudy polycounter lvl 13
    The girl is looking great.
    Hips area seems a bit strange. Legs too thin(sideview), buttocks too big at least compared to the legs.
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    Hey guys sorry for not posting an update in a while, i didn't notice your replies so i am sorry if i didn't say anything meanwhile i would like to share what i been working on its still a work in progress but its slowly getting there, i been working really hard to try and make it look as next gen as possible, i am hoping once marmoset 2 comes out it will help a bit anyway feel free to drop the feedback bombs on me i want this piece to be great. will post more later

devon_gameres.jpg

Bonus stereoscopic image (instructions: get some distance between you and the screen, cross your eyes until you see a third image in the middle and while keeping your eyes crossed try to relax your vision so the third image gets in focus and you see a 3d image)

devon_3d.jpg
  • Sculptaur
    This is coming along great. How did you do the hair? It has really nice volume and texture.
  • BradMyers82
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    I feel the white hair is hurting this character. It makes her age sorta unclear, (makes you think... is she some old chick with a lot of plastic surgery or is that dyed). Also, I think with the general color scheme from a design perspective its not as strong. I think black would be better.

Also, her teeth look set a bit low (judging by the upper front teeth I can see, and lips perhaps too plump sorta like bad lip injections. I would be tempted to dial down the chest area, if nothing else it seems out of proportion to her head, and I think her head could be larger in general.

Anyway, great work here man, keep it coming!
  • wester
    Offline / Send Message
    wester polycounter lvl 13
    Yeah this is stunning! Her face seriously looks so alive which I can imagine to be something pretty difficult to achieve.

I......I am attracted to her. I want to take her on a date and learn more about her.
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    Sculptaur: Thanks man. i suck at hair so i am happy you like it i basically painted it beforehand in photoshop using like 3 different brushes that i found online which are pretty great for hair then i just lay out a plane add a few loops just so i can mess with the plane a bit and i lay a bunch of planes just trying to get something that works for me. i usually work with smooth preview on so i can see what the hair will look like after i smooth it once.

BradMyers82:Thanks for the feedback i really appreciate it and will definitely take it into account when i am working on her :)

Wester: Thanks man thats a huge compliment i still think i can get a better expression but its hard xD

i can give you her phone number jk lool
  • MrHobo
    Offline / Send Message
    MrHobo polycounter lvl 13
    Looking quite impressive :)
    Are you approaching your skin and other materials with pbr (details in gloss, little detail in spec, etc.) in mind?
  • Fnitrox
    Offline / Send Message
    Fnitrox polycounter lvl 6
    Looking awesome! that face is gorgeous and it really feels alive, you have my cookie man! :D

on the subject of white hair...basically if someone doesn't have any form of albinism or pigment lacking there's now way someone this young could have naturally white hair. So it's of course dyed.
    Speaking from experience, as i dyed - or better discolored- my hair white once, it's really hard to get pure white and gray hair.

It'll always still have some yellow tinting based on what color it was before and there's probably going to be some shadowing and darkening at the roots where the hair has been growing. Look at this for example LINK.

Now since she has freckles I'd say she started from somewhere around red/brownish hair so it wouldn't be as yellow and dark as that but hopefully you get my point :D

Also since the acid pretty much destroy your hair they tend to be somewhat dry and sometimes even a bit translucid.

hope it helps :) waiting for updates!
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    MrHobo: thanks man! since marmoset 1 doesn't support physically based rendering yet i didn't apply the new gloss and spec rules, but i found out recently that my texture technique is very similar to what next gen is supposed to be since i prefer to have my diffuse has flat has possible without shadows or shading or AO at all, so i put most of my work on normals and spec/gloss maps but other than that its the regular deal i am guessing i will have to change a bit when pbr materials come into play, i hope that helped xD don't know if i confused you more ahah xD

Fnitrox: Thanks dude that's a huge compliment i really appreciate it:) yeah i basically did the hair white cause i don't know why but i just like white hair on girls and its also based on this chick (http://k35.kn3.net/taringa/2/0/5/2/1/9/8/pgmcanalla/5C4.jpg?2100) but yeah i try to stay as accurate as i can as long as it doesn't interfere with creative freedom but i will definitely take your feedback into account man :)
  • crazyfool
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    she's looking really good, just a suggestion on her proportions though. she looks really long at the moment, almost like eight feet tall hehe. i did a quick paintover which might help but take with a pinch of salt.

azkur_paintover.gif

I've tried to mark the landmarks, to me her upper arms and thighs are looking too long, and her waist slightly too low aswell. the style of pants you have aswell would more likely be baggier around the bum too.

shes looking really good though :)
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks Man, that means a lot coming from you :) love your work!
    thanks for the feedback btw, i think you are probably right i was looking at one of those crazy tall victoria secret models when working on her proportions so that might have affected it, i will probably try and fix it in the gameres :) will post updates soon
  • peanut™
    Offline / Send Message
    peanut™ polycounter lvl 19
    What' ? you blatantly reduced the size of the boobs under our noses, i am disappoint too ;)

exhibit_1.jpg
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    yes she was having back pain so i took her to an emergency breast reduction xD
  • MrHobo
    Offline / Send Message
    MrHobo polycounter lvl 13
    Thanks for the info, dont worry you didn't confuse me. Ive been practicing for pbr with marmoset1 for a little while and I found that a lot of the rules still carry over into marmoset, her skin is looking quite good so I was curious as to whether you were following the old or new standards. Sorry for how drawn out that was :)
    Looking forward to more updates.
  • ysalex
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    Hey Azkur. She's looking good, love her face and what you did with it in marmoset, skin looks very real.

I would say that she's having some anatomical issues - that's my main crit. The curve of her hips, from the side and front, seems very rough. I believe it is both the mass of the thigh (yours are very thin) compared to the butt (the hump is too round and pronounced), and the fat of the butt should intersect the thigh lower.

Below the thigh, the leg has no real shape, they just taper down strangely to the ankles. Same thing could be said for the arms, although I believe the problem with the arms (from the front) is that the shoulder are mis-located (too far inward towards the neck) and thus the entire curve of the arm seems to be an arc downward. In reality, when we hold our arms out like this, the arms bend just very very slightly away from the body at the elbow.

Most importantly though, her torso is too long and she is generally too tall. She is 8 heads high (compensating for the hat), which is super-hero height. Even at that, her torso is much longer than her legs (4.5 heads high to 3.5 heads for the legs), in generally they should be roughly the same length.

In a non-body crit, the cuffs of the sweater at the arms seem like placeholders (maybe they are?) and the shoes do not flatter her tapering silhouette (from the front, from the side I really like the shoe design).

Anyways, sorry is some of that is muddled, I can try to be more thorough with my descriptions. Is it possible to post the anatomy of the body without the clothing, I feel like we could all be much more helpful that way.
  • AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexCatMasterSupreme interpolator
    Crap is right this work sucks so bad.

Just kidding, your latest character is honestly one of my favorite I have seen on PC. I am not a character artist but I have see what is posted and I have to say from an overall look and feel this character is turning out awesome, your hair on her is fucking badass as well.
    As for crits the cuff and hat look unfinished and I liked the large boobs, maybe a happy medium? I think maybe a small chain would fit her best as well.
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    ysalex: Wow Dude i am happy that you like it (love your stuff btw) and thanks for that epic feedback xD I am going to look at everything you said, which in part was already mentioned by crazyfool . But yeah man to be honest i am kinda getting to that point where i just want to get it done so it gets harder and harder to spot problems and i kinda become negligent to some stuff so this type of feedback kinda opens my eyes again :)

AlexCatMasterSupreme: thanks dude i really appreciate both your kind words and feedback :) i am glad you like the hair has i redid it around 3 times until i got something decent and to be honest i am not really happy with it xD I will look at the cuff since you and Ysalex mentioned it and at the hat as well, regarding the boobs i decided that artistically it was better to have smaller boobs because they were distracting viewers from the rest of the character and in the end although i love big boobs xD i rather people like the overall character instead of staring at her boobs. Yeah i want to add more stuff but at the moment she is around 50k tris (i am going for next gen but not sure if thats too much so i am trying to keep it "low") and i am trying to keep it low xD i removed the necklaces already cause i saw that if i wanted them to look good i was going to need a lot of polys but if you guys have any suggestions how to go about it i would be very thankful.

P.S. regarding polycount i think the main reason why its not lower is mainly due to my decision of keeping the entire shirt and jacket as separate geo that is completely water tight at the time i thought i would benefit later in the posing stage by allowing me to rig and posed the jacket separately not sure if it was smart of me now.
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    hey guys i took a small break from the chick so i don't get too tired of her and started a sketch this sunday and like it so much i thought i would take it farther, this is where its at now, its still pretty rough but i am enjoying learning how to get polished hard surface out of zbrush. i hope you guys like it!

robot.jpg

btw, feel free to give me some feedback on this as well specially thigns you guys look that stick out too much and you dont like
  • afisher
    Offline / Send Message
    afisher polycounter lvl 6
    As some other people have pointed out there are a few anatomical issue with the female character, but she's looking great man. The mech dude is looking badass as well, really digging it. My main crit would be to raise the the hip/pelvis area up, so the torso doesn't look as long and make his butt area a bit bigger. Looking forward to seeing where you take this
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    Afisher: Thanks man really appreciate your feedback and kind words :)
  • X³²Lapis
    Offline / Send Message
    X³²Lapis polycounter lvl 10
    awesome work! especially the female, I agree with crazyfool she does look to be quite long. Can't wait to see more of your awesome work!
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    X³²Lapis: thanks man, yeah i fixed the proportions a bit already will post full body picks soon ( i still need to figure out a decent pose) meanwhile i been tweaking the skin shader now with marmoset 2 (beta test) and had to change the textures a bit to get it to work properly with the new shaders. managed to get it to look decent in most lighting conditions but i am hoping to improve it further :P anyway here is a couple shots in different lightnings

lighting.jpg
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    still working on the robot dude ( its taking way longer than i planned) but meanwhile here is a screen of me messing with the marmoset 2 beta update 4, the new anyso shader does wonder for hair

banner.jpg
  • Scythe
    Offline / Send Message
    Scythe greentooth
    love where you are going with that chick. i see you put a fucking lot of work on the face, hair and jacket, but i feel her hat could deserve some love. keep it up man, loving this shit.

i'd love to see how you textured her pretty face and your hair, they look amazing
  • CapableWizard
    Offline / Send Message
    CapableWizard polycounter lvl 9
    That last black and white image is looking bloody brilliant mate! Very real looking with just the right amount of stylisation. I can't wait to see more, it's super interesting seeing the piece develop alongside the beta, keep it up :D
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    Scythe: hey man thanks a lot :) yeah i did put way more work in the top part then i did on the bottom, this is mostly because this time instead of working evenly on everything i first worked on the face texture and material until i was happy then moved to the hat and so on, i kinda like how that process worked because this gave me a lot of momentum for the face which i consider to be the most important part of the character. and thanks again :)

yeah maybe i will do a small tutorial its really nothing special its just a combination of projections for a base texture and then using polypaint for the second pass and photoshop for the third pass, the hair is all hand painted using special brushes and smudge brushes and later tweaking that alpha until you get good results in the engine you are using (marmoset toolbag 1 is a pain in the ass to get alphas to look good but toolbag 2 really improves the alphas) anyway i will do a tutorial if i find some time :p

CapableWizard: thanks man i always loved B&W and it helps create atmosphere which sells the shot, i am glad you like it and to be honest i am being really lazy with the character and waiting for marmoset toolbag 2 to have all the features in so i can bring it to the best quality possible
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    hey guys i found one of my old models from 2 years ago and did a quick test as well as some comparison shots, i have to say that for a 13k model i am really surprised how it hold up with the new shaders although the faceting is kinda obvious

screenshot002.png
    screenshot003.png
    screenshot006.png

marmoset 2:
    screenshot004.png
    marmoset1:
    2.jpg&w=940&zc=1

marmoset 2:
    screenshot005.png

marmoset 1:
    1.jpg
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    i am starting to feel like an asshole i should be finishing my robot but instead i keep on finding other stuff to do xD i hate my self :P

anyway i did a speed sculpt and rendered it out in marmoset 2 just for the hell of it, i am probably going to make him into a game character in the end

screenshot008.png
    screenshot009.png
  • Mask_Salesman
    Offline / Send Message
    Mask_Salesman polycounter lvl 13
    Fucking Cool ^^

I wanna see some beserk Evangelion shizzle right naow :D
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    just some weekend practice, female faces and liekenesses, she is based on the model Veronica Zoppolo

girl.jpg
  • ysalex
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    Very nice azkur. Who is it based on ? I'm going to guess scarlet johansen but I am honestly bad at recognizing people. Either way , good lines and planes, I especially like the shape of her eyes and the masses of her eyebrows.
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    thanks Ysalex she is based on the fashion model Veronica Zoppolo
  • Tits
    Online / Send Message
    Tits mod
    that's some nice ''crap'' you got there :)
    Nice work, lovely face
  • ysalex
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    Man, have no idea how I missed that right in the same sentence as 'likeness'. Sorry.

Google tells me though that you really captured her likeness well, especially the eye shape and the turn at the corners of her mouth.

Sorry again, but good stuff.
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    thank you guys :) i been trying to practice a female faces every night for about 3 hours what i really want to its to be able to get decent results in the first hour and so far i still need around at least 5 hours to get to this point where i am happy with how its looking but it varies a lot, sometimes i get stuck in this circle where the face moves one step forward and 2 back which is really annoying so i am hoping if keep practicing this loop will disappear with time, i think i probably should start from a sphere instead of a base mesh because i think the base mesh is taking away some important steps in finding volumes and proportions anyway hopefully soon i will be much better :)
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    yo! here is a quick 50 minutes sculpt rendered in keyshot that i did for the spitsculpt group over at facebook, the theme was cyborg agent and it was pretty fun :)

cyborg_agent.jpg
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    hey guys, still really early on the texturing but i thought it was good enough to maybe ask for some feedback regarding textures, etc... i am still tweaking materials/spec/gloss values but i think i am slowly getting there, i might add a layer of black old paint to give the sense that the black metal was once painted but not sure yet. anyway its a real time character rendered in marmoset toolbag 2, hope you guys like it

Highres: robot.jpg
  • Grusti
    Offline / Send Message
    Grusti polycounter lvl 10
    owwwww! He looks intimidating cool! Awesome helmet looks like gorilla head :poly127:
  • MrNinjutsu
    Offline / Send Message
    MrNinjutsu greentooth
    Oh dude, awesome. Can't wait for more :D
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    thanks guys i am happy you like it, i will update as soon as i can :)
  • Tits
    Online / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Look amazing azkur, really love the material definition, I even though it was a keyshot render!
  • Miche
    Lovely stuff here Azkur!
  • ahtiandr
    Offline / Send Message
    ahtiandr polycounter lvl 12
    At first when I saw the title of your thread I thought "ah, some crap there, well lets see just for fun " and then I see so much awesome stuff here! You really underestimate yourself! Seriously you should change the name of the thread . It is like calling amazing art of Michelangelo a crap.
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    Tits: thanks Tits! I am really surprised by the quality that you are able to achieve with Marmoset 2 specially with metals!

Miche: thanks dude!

Ahtiandr: ahah funny you mention this, its not like i think that of my work i mostly chose the title because i thought it would bring more people (usually no one calls their work crap) and it was more original than Azkur's works or whatever :P but thanks i am glad you like it although i am not even close to michelangelo xD
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    marmoset was updated with secondary reflections and double sided meshes so i updated the model. and i am still working on the robot dude but meanwhile i guess i will drop a small update

devon_jane_new.jpg
    desktop.jpg
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    hey guys, here is a likeness exercise i did today still wip though.

near the end i wasn't sure if he looked more like the actor or a potato xD

anthony-hopkins.jpg
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    damn.... trying to fix mr potato head into something better, hoping its starting to look more like him since i had to pretty much redo most of the primary shapes, still i dont think its there yet.

anthony-hopkins2.jpg
  • Antone_m
    Offline / Send Message
    Antone_m polycounter lvl 9
    I can see Anthony Hopkins , maybe your problem is (as u mentioned ) is the shape of skull or the potato head , but overall I love it :D , nice work keep it up
  • Azkur
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    thanks for the kind words and feedback!

still working on the sculpt but did a quick projection+polypaint and a quick skin test inside marmoset 2 since the uv's were already done, going to end the sculpt a bit more on him to bring out some shapes that are not reading very well trough the skin shader and then finalize the head texture, i am thinking of maybe integrating the head into a character but not sure yet.

P.s. the likenes is kinda there but i still think its missing something so i will try to figure that out as well

anthony1.jpg