Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

MooseCommander's Enviro Sketch Dump

As a long time lurker and rare poster, I figure now that I am basically done with school and starting at the wonderful Crystal Dynamics, I would like to keep a regular sketch book here for feedback and crits on the stuff I'm working on in my free time. :thumbup:

I have a couple personal projects I hope to wrap up during the holidays, but I also am just looking forward to messing around with Marmoset 2 and re-render all my stuff.

Replies

• MooseCommander
    I've been feeling the Christmas spirit, so I'm going to build out a little scene using Marmoset.

Love the new material and scene options here, they really make throwing a scene together super easy. It may lack the complexity of a node based system but it seems I can cover most bases. Here's a quick ornament to get myself started. This is like 5 minutes of playing around, just wanted to get in the mood.

screenshot002.png
  • luthyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luthyn polycounter lvl 8
    Looks awesome :). Are you going to make a tree for those to go onto?
  • MooseCommander
    luthyn wrote: »
    Looks awesome :). Are you going to make a tree for those to go onto?

I am indeed!

Worked on the tree last night a little bit, messing around with some foliage scripts. Here's my results so far. It's pretty high res at the moment, but the scene is meant to be a pretty high res scene, so....

screenshot004.png
  • MooseCommander
    Quick snaps of a high poly I finished awhile back. Between art tests and finishing school I haven't had a chance to do a lowpoly of it, but I at least wanted to get some fancy renders from M2. Based on the AK47 from the film Elysium.

ak47_00.png
    ak47_01.png
    ak47_02.png
  • MooseCommander
    I've been bad about updating this. I've been settling in at Crystal still and the long commute makes it hard to do work when I get home late.

Here's some stuff I've done the past week - some Fallout fan art. Always been a huge fan, and I loved the Nuka Cola Challenge in FO3 so I used that as inspiration.

nuka_01.jpg

nuka_02.jpg

nuka_03.jpg
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The wear on the caps just doesn't look realistic; remember that it's a thin coat of paint over aluminum. Also, the ridges really should be a bit deformed by opening the bottle.
    coke-bottle-caps.jpg