Home Dota 2

Sven: Hunters Moon Helm

Moonlight604
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Moonlight604 polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys, I finally submitted mt 1st dota 2 item in the workshop

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=198745128&searchtext

let me know what you think and up vote if you like it.
Cheers.

Replies

• ILM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ILM polycounter lvl 7
    very poor sculpt. Just like some smooth lowpoly. It's metal, so add more hard edges, some details. But i like the shape and colors.
  • lebello
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ILM wrote: »
    very poor sculpt. Just like some smooth lowpoly. It's metal, so add more hard edges, some details. But i like the shape and colors.

Thats not how you critique someone. I suggest that you not act like a complete douche, we've yet to see any of your work. I think the sculpt fits perfectly for Dota. Its simple yet catches your eye, which is the exact style here.

Good job man, don't listen to people like this guy.
  • Insaneophobia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
    Excuse me even though ILM sounded a bit harsh I do agree with him, the edges needs to be flatter and harder, right now the helm looks very blobby, more organic that metal, which looks really odd, but the shape is awesome. I suggest trying to do the hipoly again and use the trim dynamic or flaten brush to make it look more like metal if you're using zbrush
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    Whoa whoa, I don't think ILM sounded like a douche at all. It was a very sound critique and he gave some suggestions. Its not like he said "This sux, u sux u r bad artist"

Like the others said, some sharper edges and maybe some surface scratches would make it look more like metal
  • Moonlight604
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moonlight604 polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks for the advice guys. Yea its kinda funny you mentioned the sculpt, as I only sculpted the basic shape. My pc is limiting my ability to be able to work in high poly. I pretty much just used Zbrush to decimate otherwise my pc would crash. I tried adding some scratches in the normal map but it didn't show up very well (possibly too subtle).. Neither did the specular map show up very well in the mask that was supposed to give the scratches a boost in visibility.

It was a good learning experience and I think my next item will be better.
  • Insaneophobia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
    Haha, ah, ok. Well it's all a learning process, and you'll improve loads after each item. Just listen to the crits from the people here, they'll help loads!