Home General Discussion

Super Mario 3D World

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
The Mad Artist polycounter lvl 13
So while the next gen systems are launching, Nintendo has put out a game that is getting crazy high scores. A bunch of perfect scores from some sites. If anyone is on the fence about getting a WiiU, this might be the game to push you to do so. Aside from the expansion for Xcom, this has been my most anticipated game for awhile now, really looking forward to picking it up on Friday.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/super-mario-3d-world/critic-reviews

Replies

• Baj Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baj Singh polycounter lvl 9
    Absolutely stunning looking game. Shame I don't own a Wii U...
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    Oh my god KITTY MARIO

Super_Mario_3D_World_WiiU_E32013_0013.jpg
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    I'm getting a Wii U as soon as I'm done my crunch.

Best library of games out of the new consoles imho.
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH I WANT IT

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLOKVABfrzw"]Wii U - Super Mario 3D World Gameplay Trailer - YouTube[/ame]
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    I'm actually quite interested in the Wii-U. The launch lineup of both the XB1 and the PS4 did not really interest me that much so I'll probably end up snagging a Wii-U in the near future. This game looks great by the way!
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Day 0. This looks fantastic. Hopefully nintendo steps up the entire Wii U game selection as much as they did the DS then 3DS. Slow start but it looks like they have some great software coming down the line. Still can't wait for Smash.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Can't wait to purr it up!
    Awesome gift for a youngster for sure.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC wrote: »
    Can't wait to purr it up!
    Awesome gift for a youngster for sure.

And old people! I think I can be called old now.
  • LMP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LMP polycounter lvl 13
    Finally, I can bust out my Wii U again... I really need to get back on Windwaker HD... my gamepad breakdown and replacement really threw a wrench into things.
  • Fuiosg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuiosg polycounter lvl 5
    I'm not a console gamer but I'd get a Wii U if not for that frankly ridiculous controller, I hope Nintendo's digging the innovative gameplay that thing brings because apparently a replacement cost around $140 or about half the cost of the whole system.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Fuiosg wrote: »
    I'm not a console gamer but I'd get a Wii U if not for that frankly ridiculous controller, I hope Nintendo's digging the innovative gameplay that thing brings because apparently a replacement cost around $140 or about half the cost of the whole system.

I thought the same thing, until i used it. its an incredible controller that adds a lot to the experience. It is a lot more comfortable than i thought it would be!

this game looks incredible, can't wait!
  • valuemeal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    valuemeal polycounter lvl 6
    I was really skeptic at first, I thought that this one was going to be a generic Mario title, and standard affair story.

= However this title seems be quite interesting indeed, and has some cool elements. Sure it doesn't have the WOW factor of galaxy, but still I was intrigued by the power ups, and amazed by the graphics.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    And old people! I think I can be called old now.

Yes all of us older people as well, lmao reading that response.

Seems like a lot of fun and at the end that was multi-player?
    Mario has always been fun, mario party isn't bad at.. parties either. Though they should make an adult version if it is one of those parties. :poly136:

Mario has yet to become every animal so i think it is safe to say plenty of mario fun yet ahead!
  • SnowInChina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SnowInChina interpolator
    hm, i have to admit that the gameplay video didnt convince me at all, although i liked mario games in the past (mario64 on the n64 was a blast, or the mario games on the nes)
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Picked it up today! excited to play. Also picked up Wonderful101... so excite!
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hm, i have to admit that the gameplay video didnt convince me at all, although i liked mario games in the past (mario64 on the n64 was a blast, or the mario games on the nes)

Seems like you haven't payed any Mario games in a long time.

Gameplay videos never do it justice. It's like watching a 1 minute video of Dark Souls and trying to understand why it is so well designed.

I have played all the "main" Mario games excluding Mario Galaxy. I've loved them all. I especially loved Mario Sunshine!
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    whaaaa? no mario galaxy? you should play those... totally some of my fav mario games. and i agree with you... you gotta play them. I am so excited for this one!
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Seems like you haven't payed any Mario games in a long time.

Gameplay videos never do it justice. It's like watching a 1 minute video of Dark Souls and trying to understand why it is so well designed.

I have played all the "main" Mario games excluding Mario Galaxy. I've loved them all. I especially loved Mario Sunshine!

HOW HAVE YOU NOT PLAYED GALAXY UGNGGGGGGGGGG

the definitely of a 'modern classic', both were exceptionally well done with awesome soundtracks. I'm actually a little jealous of you...
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well it's a lie to say I have never played it. I played it at a friend's house for a day or two and thought it was pretty cool :p
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    oh bugger am i going to need to buy a wiiU now...god damn it nintendo... always make the most expensive games as i have to buy a system just to play them on...
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    this game is awesome. it looks beautiful. I am always very impressed with their pattern details and lighting lately. This one is one of the prettiest games i have seen lately.

gameplay is so much fun! i can't wait to try this with my brother next week. 3 player should be fun.

i dunn think it has online co op.. :(
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Fantastic game, love it! There is still a lot to learn from it, even after all these years. Brings a big ole smile to my face :)
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    This isn't out until Friday for the UK :( but man, I can't wait! I bloody love me some Mario, and this looks so damn colourful and fun... Galaxy 1&2 were amazing and seeing them emulated in 1080p is a sight that's for sure... Its a shame that 3D world isn't 1080p though :( It would look utterly stunning.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    its not? it looks like its running at 1080. its so sharp and colorful. it looks awesome.
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    This + Rayman Legends, the perfect gift for xmas, for childs and veteran gamers :)

I'd love to see more games like this one and not so many fps without replayability.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Was back and forth about XB and PS4 but figured they can wait, gonna grab a Wii u now, excellent set of titles :D
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer wrote: »
    This + Rayman Legends, the perfect gift for xmas, for childs and veteran gamers :)

I'd love to see more games like this one and not so many fps without replayability.

There are types of games to suit all gamers. If you aren't interested in FPS games, Nintendo in general will serve you well. Playstation usually has a lot of great, exclusive, non-FPS games.

I have always had every generation of Nintendo consoles, both hand held and TV-based.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    I usually end up owning all major consoles by the end of the cycle. I can't decide between the WiiU or the PS4 at the moment.

The WiiU has some awesome games out right now, but I'd much rather be playing some of the unannounced games we can already assume will be on the PS4. I'm mainly looking out for Ni No Kuni 2 and Disgaea 5.
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    I had a Target Coupon for $10 off a $100 purchase. So naturally I snagged a copy of Super Mario 3D World alongside Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

Due to holiday Christmas shopping considerations (as well as my truly massive backlog) both titles are going to remain unopened until December 25th.