Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Diablo 3 Demonhunter

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
3shold polycounter lvl 7
Sup Pc!

I'm looking to get some feedback on a piece I'm working on. I'm typically not into the über-dark styling of Diablo. But one of the concept artists over there, Laurel Austin, made a piece that made me feel REALLY inspired by Diablo.

326_large.jpg

So I decided to model. I'm down to the texturing and I'd like to have some feedback on how to make this piece awesome. And who better than Polycount?
Here's the piece:
tumblr_mvas4tRcUH1qfw0qeo1_500.jpg

Any advice/opinions/otherwise?

thanks in advanced!

Replies

• nightshade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks really faithful to the concept, but is hard to tell details with such a small render. whats the polycount? and can we see wires and flats?
  • ItzPeachezL0L
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    that looks cool, are you going to use a specular map? It would make the armor look pretty nice.
  • 3shold
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3shold polycounter lvl 7
    the image I posted is Diffuse only. I'll get some map shots. But I didn't think that was a thing until it was done.
  • nightshade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh sorry, I didn't read all the text, my bad. I feel like the boots and the chest pieces are too brown to be metal but a spec map might fix that. The shoulders could use a little more detail in the metal portions too. It looks pretty good though
  • Turret
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Turret polycounter lvl 11
    The detail work looks very sharp and clean. Put some general wear and tear on the armor textures and with the spec map this should turn out to be a really cool piece. Definitely need to see some larger render. ;)
  • riceart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    riceart polycounter lvl 11
    texture looks a bit too clean, and orginal looks more desaturated. I would like to see closer shots of face. You still need to create quiver and those sexy one handed crossbows ;) pose her

ps. great work
  • sefice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sefice polycounter lvl 8
    Great work there! I'd like to see a less distorted view to get a good idea of the whole model.
  • 3shold
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3shold polycounter lvl 7
    Turret wrote: »
    The detail work looks very sharp and clean. Put some general wear and tear on the armor textures and with the spec map this should turn out to be a really cool piece. Definitely need to see some larger render. ;)

Thanks a lot. So far a lot of the wear and tear is done with spec and gloss map. I might have to punch up the diff for added coloration.

riceart wrote: »
    texture looks a bit too clean, and orginal looks more desaturated. I would like to see closer shots of face. You still need to create quiver and those sexy one handed crossbows ;) pose her

ps. great work

I'll be starting the quiver and those incredible crossbows shortly. I'll upload a a facial shot as well.
    sefice wrote: »
    Great work there! I'd like to see a less distorted view to get a good idea of the whole model.

Let's hope my newer screeshots will help ^^
  • 3shold
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3shold polycounter lvl 7
    Armor.jpg
    Head.jpg
    Updated Screenshots.
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    loving the shading on the face/lips/chin.
    nose seems a tad potateo-ish, not only for my sexist taste but also compared to the couple of pixels that I have to go by from the reference, where I'd say the nose has less character than yours and instead is pointy and sharp. Which I feel would fit this face better..

The eyyes are wonderful! :)
    Do you have any light from them landing around the eyes right now? It kinda feels like you do at the bottom of the eyebrows? I dunno.. maybe it's fine! :) less is more eh

I agree with the feeling that it's a bit too saturated as well, especially the browns. The cloth parts are cool, except the gloves and arms being a bit too blue I think..
    If you'd desaturate the browns and blues a bit maybe the eyes and red scarf would pop a bit more - not that the scarf needs to pop more, but hey! :)

very nice form to the armor pieces!!!

wires with the next update yes?! :D
  • silkroadgame
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice work so far.
  • artstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artstream polycounter lvl 11
    Her lips are a bit off from the concept, at least in the close up shot,they're giving her a very unnatural look. The concept has the mouth a bit open, as if she's maybe breathing slowly, right now yours gives the impression that she's gasping for air. I think if you tighten up her lips, it will help the face tremendously.