Home General Discussion

Bosto Kingtee tablets( cintiq clone) any users?

Hey Polycount,

While browsing ebay for cintiqs I came across the Bosto 22HD tablet, that appears to be exactly a Cintiq or as close as possible.

1208829_323525871118217_1647929059_n.jpg

http://bosto-tablet.com/models/22hd/

Has anyone had any experience using one of these? I've checked some of the reviews, but any solid recommendations would be awesome. Thinking of getting one in the new year.

thanks!

Replies

• Lazerus Reborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lazerus Reborn polycounter lvl 8
    Finally some decent looking competition for the wacom's at a rather reasonable price.

I'm quite interested as well now!

Also seems you get more freebies ~

One VKK2 Two Finger Glove.
    One spare Kingtee 19" Pen
    One pack of spare Kingtee Pen Nibs
    One spare Kingtee 19MA Protective Film
  • Stinkfoot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinkfoot polycounter lvl 11
    Huh Never saw this one, but it's good that the cintiq's are getting some competition, I have heard positive reviews about the Yinyova tablets, found a nice review on Youtube, and there are a few more out there, might be interesting to look at, they're pretty well priced.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4rGTP4gPZ8"]Yiynova MSP19U Tablet Review - YouTube[/ame]
  • Dataday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dataday polycounter lvl 8
    Unless they changed something, its the same thing as the yiynova. Same UC-logic digitizer, same issues, same source.... just rebranded under another name.

I dont think its good competition for Wacom, the quality difference is just too vast. I would continue to stick with Wacom for the time being.
  • Stinkfoot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinkfoot polycounter lvl 11
    Dataday wrote: »
    Unless they changed something, its the same thing as the yiynova. Same UC-logic digitizer, same issues, same source.... just rebranded under another name.

I dont think its good competition for Wacom, the quality difference is just too vast. I would continue to stick with Wacom for the time being.

I would too, but mister wallet disagrees :)
  • VoltStorm7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VoltStorm7 polycounter lvl 9
    I have a bosto kingtee 19mb.

In my experience, this tablet is great, but with limitations. The overall specs are the same as the Cintiq, but the functionality is where they separate. The bosto kingtee does well in most cases, but doesn't have a pen tilt feature and it's pressure sensitivity is a hit and miss. This has to do with their drivers and their drivers are horrible. The drivers either work on and or off and are absolute garbage. However, I have it set up so I do not need any drivers, wacom nor bosto, to use my tablet. So you can have it set up fine, just don't install those drivers. The pens are actually much better than the cintiqs'. The pen is thinner and weights as much as a wooden no 2 pencil. It makes it feel much like a pencil, which is nice. The gloves do a great job at not putting the oils in our hands on the screen.

Overall, the bosto is great, but the cintiq still reigns. It's a great tablet for its price, but comes with limitations.

Also, I forgot to mention in the driver part. The drivers only cover a handful of programs you can think of, which is the ones you can think of as you're reading this. Without those drivers, you can use it on most programs versus with the drivers, only a handful.

I hope this helps.
  • Snacuum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snacuum polycounter lvl 9
    Oh man I missed the chance to jump in an call that Dataday would reply in support to wacom.:poly124:
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    so its more useful without the drivers than without them? how does that make any sense? are you saying that the default windows drivers are better than the official ones for the device? dont you lose pressure sensitivity and stuff like that if you are on basic windows drivers?
  • MichaelElphick
    Thanks for the feedback guys, should be okay for what I need, hopefully i'll be able to pull the trigger soon and report back what it's like.
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    Never tried the Bostro, but i'm currently using a MSP19U and i'm loving it.
  • OrganizedChaos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OrganizedChaos polycounter lvl 17
    I don't know, I guess it's not for everyone, but I've actually really liked my yiynova msp19u. Most complaints about it seem trivial and not related to how well it actually draws (like screen resolution and vga cord)