Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Tutorials - maya partial transfer attributes & texturing with partially mirrored UVs

Mongrelman
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
I'm in the process of updating my website for job hunting and put up a couple of tutorials that will hopefully be of help to some people.

http://www.mongrelman.com/tutorials.html

The images are long so I didn't want to embed them in the post.

Replies

• Snafubar7
    Offline / Send Message
    Snafubar7 polycounter lvl 8
    Good stuff, those tutorials.

I took a peek at your site, your work is great! The thumbnails on your portfolio gallery seem stretched/squashed. I'd also make the thumbnails bigger on the first page, and crop that bigger image to show one shot of the character.
  • MM
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    the thumbnails seem to be actual full res images just stretched and squashed down into that space.

you don't wanna do that since it loading all the full res images at once while the viewer is still in thumbnail page.

spend some time making custom thumbnails that load really fast and focuses on the more interesting part of your image rather than the whole image.
  • Mongrelman
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks, will do. Cheers for reminding me. My previous site got malware so I had to remove it and build a new one, I followed a tutorial on youtube where he set it up this way, I'll get around to doing proper thumbnails in the next few days.