Home Artists Looking For Work

Hiring 2d Artists

[POSITION NO LONGER AVAILABLE]

Hello,

I'm Eric from BlueGate and we are currently developing a "run and gun" game (like Metal Slug or Gunstar Heroes) and looking for a 2d artist to join the project.

Your job will include:

- Character and Scenario Concept
- Drawing and Scenario Development
- User Interface Development

We are a small company starting our first game but we will use this game to establish our company in the market.

You can check our prototype here: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYIBQTyX7g0"]Run & Gun Prototype - YouTube[/ame]

The test description for the job will be as following (terms used in the description are part of the test):

Send a mail to eric at bluegatedev.com containing:

- A brief description of yourself, containing what you currently do.
- Payment expected (*Optional)
- An animated .gif with a size of your choice 32x32, 64x64, 128x128 or 256x256 with any character of your choice (described later on) with one of the following animations of your choice (Walking, Standing, Attacking or Idle). Any number of frames is fine, but remember you will be judged.
- The characters of the game are 4 little girls, their description are as follow:

Girl 1:
- Clumsy
- Long pink hair
- Seifuku
- Bokken

Girl 2:
- Brown skin
- Orange spiky hair
- Neko
- Double Pistols

Girl 3:
- Blond
- Twin tails
- Zettai Ryouiki
- Tsundere
- Rocket Launcher

Girl 4:
- Red hair
- Impulsive
- Maid
- Gatling gun

We provide a small folder for references, but feel free to apply any art style you want!
http://www.dropbox.com/sh/ik49ucfzt5zh9mx/8tDv_3odh6

When we select an artist this post will be updated, any questions not answered in this thread can be assumed to be part of the test.

Cheers!

Replies

• Saishy
    Funding increased, job updated!

Edit: We are ignoring any artists that don't take the test. Thanks.
  • Viniciusbarros
    Offline / Send Message
    Viniciusbarros polycounter lvl 3
    Hi Eric
    How long time do I have to do it?
  • jamesoreilly
    Offline / Send Message
    jamesoreilly polycounter lvl 3
    Hi Eric, You should not ignore artists that don't do the test. Most professional artists don't have time for tests and their portfolio should speak for itself. It will do in most cases so many artists would rather spend their time looking elsewhere for work than spending it completing tests. Maybe you aren't having a problem finding good artists but you are certainly cutting out a large portion of pro's this way.
  • sativieans
    Offline / Send Message
    sativieans polycounter lvl 12
    here's my site www.sativieans.com, I can do all the concept development you need but I don't do unpaid tests. I only spend my time doing work that is paid including tests.
  • Saishy
    Hi Eric, You should not ignore artists that don't do the test. Most professional artists don't have time for tests and their portfolio should speak for itself. It will do in most cases so many artists would rather spend their time looking elsewhere for work than spending it completing tests. Maybe you aren't having a problem finding good artists but you are certainly cutting out a large portion of pro's this way.
    Actually the artists that are charging to do the tests have the worst portfolio of them all.

A simple sketch shouldn't take more than a few minutes for someone good enough in 2d art, which is what we are looking for. If the person actually needs time to do something simple we don't really want to hire him.

We received a few amazing samples and we are already in the hiring process, thanks everyone that participated!

[Position no longer available]