Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Gender monkey warriors ( I need a better name)

Replies

• Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    The woman looks like she's floating, and sort of bored. Is she meant to be attacking or something?

What's the noise all over your guy's image? Looks even stronger than before. Did you "Save for web" and limit the colours on the presentation image, or something?

You have a lot of UV seams showing. I'd say try to fix those, and get rid of noise before calling it done. But it's up to you.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Yeah there's a lot of film grain like noise going on, it's impeding the images :(
  • heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    I would say you can definitely push the poses a bit more. They seem very linear and they don't lend themselves very well for keeping they eye on the piece. With the female especially one my eye catches the weapon, shoots right down the shaft through the leg, and I barely even notice the body/ face of the character. Kick out those legs and knees a bit more, give it some character, have some fun with it :) Really just breaking up those strong diagonals will help alot and you will be well on your way to a strong ending.

I think, the biggest thing as of now is the presentation. Both backgrounds are very flat, there is a noise problem as stated previously, his weapon has some really bad artifacting and it's right in the viewers face. Finally the thumb-toes (?) are weighted really wonky, and I know it's not about the skin weighting/animation, but if it reduces from the model, it reduces from the model.

In reality you can hide alot of this stuff with a really strong pose, and a good crop, and still show off the piece in a static pose for all the wires/texture information. Keep it up, and finish the piece strong :) presentation is the most important step.
  • valuemeal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    valuemeal polycounter lvl 6
    VJQpvWN.jpg

It seemed as though the noise was a result of turning on something call "chromatic arbitration"; for some reason it made the images really grainy. Someone once said, that I should have a display like the cg sammu fellow, how is this one?
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 18
    valuemeal wrote: »
    It seemed as though the noise was a result of turning on something call "chromatic arbitration"; for some reason it made the images really grainy. Someone once said, that I should have a display like the cg sammu fellow, how is this one?

you mean chromatic aberration ? what software are you using to save out these images, and where exactly did you turn that feature on ?

this is the noise he was asking about:
    TzqsywE.jpg

same pixelation problem here:

XR0wyKp.jpg

you have have lot of texture seams, mesh holes and some intersecting mesh problems in your models:

Tlm5c6S.jpg

also, your texture shading looks too noisy.
  • valuemeal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    valuemeal polycounter lvl 6
    VIkKG2l.jpg

How is that? I realized that I had something called the sharpness clamp on while exporting these images as targa files; I believe that was what was causing it to be rather grainy.

I am not sure if is dynamic enough for you dudes even though I did extend the legs as suggested.

I also figured out that the holes were appearing due to something called "back face culling" being turned on .

Also about that chromatic aberration, it seemed to make the images more dynamic, but after adjusting the sharpness on my new computer montior I just realized that it was causing some rather grainy artificats that was no good at all. What is the cause of this?
    t6PcgWr.jpg