Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Nerf Gun

Composition--C
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Composition--C polycounter lvl 6
Well, here is my latest project...model was done in zbrush and compositing done in photshop :)

NERF_GUN_Final_zps4d364948.png

Replies

• low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    Hey man..good start. Right now, it is really coming off as a single piece of rubber, or a cake someone made for a nerf gun enthusiast. It's mainly because of the wobbliness of the forms, and the lack of separation of the component parts. I would take a step back from zbrush and poly-model this..or if you insist on using zbrush..pick up an eat3d hard surface tut for zbrush http://eat3d.com/zbrush_hardsurface2 it'll show you some techniques for keeping your shapes crisp...
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    How many polys?

If it's just an HP, this isn't game ready.

Solid base for the textures, some more polish could go into it, specifically seeing where realy guns have their edgewear and applying in the same way on this gun.

Give it a three point lighting set up for the render. Right now, it looks too dark, we can't really see anything clearly.
  • Jet_Pilot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jet_Pilot polycounter lvl 10
    nooooooo black background. it makes it to hard to see. try 35/255
  • Composition--C
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Composition--C polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks guys!! Yes, this is just HP, next project will include normal map, LP model and various maps from substance designer. I will definitely look into the eat3d tutorial since I really would like to use zbrush for most of my modeling. Dark color...I will take notes on what you guys said, I was really doing for a really gritty scene, but if you say it's too dark, then it must be. The model wasn't as clean as I wanted it, but this was my first zbrush project, so I had to sacrifice some things. Thanks for the critiques and if you guys have any other tips, just let me know!!