Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

my first low poly model. Pontiac Bonneville

Hi, this is my first low poly model. It´s a pontiac Bnonneville.
Please feel free to give me critiques, opinions and tips.

thanks a lot!

screenshot3.jpg

screenshot23.jpg

screenshot22.jpg

screenshot16.jpg

screenshot20.jpg

Replies

• AGarton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AGarton polycounter lvl 9
    Looks great! Could we see a wireframe?
  • theSixtyEight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theSixtyEight polycounter lvl 7
    Very nice! loving Bonnevilles, especialyl '67
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There seems to be some odd pinching near the hood/headlight border. The hood also has an odd seam near the middle, leading to the front corners of the hood.

The taillights are a bit plain, especially when compared with the detail in the headlights. In a '55, they should appear something like this:
    $%28KGrHqFHJBsFHeJUP,B2BR7euKv%29Y%21%7E%7E60_57.JPG

The front wheel well is too angular, especially compared to the number of sides on the tires and even the small details such as the lights and the mirrors.

Finally, do you have a polycount?
  • silkroadgame
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very clean model,but the reflection needs more updates.
  • Shrike
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    Try rendering with Image Based Lighting / HDRI , marmoset or all common 3d Packages support that , its essential for cars , just gives great reflections , looks like you use marmoset

aside looks pretty nice

Id recommend a background in complementary color, but analogous like you have works aswell
  • alfbadi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!
    sorry about my delay.
    Im fix some of the issues you told me.
    there is my update:

pontiac_01.jpg

pontiac_02.jpg

pontiac_03.jpg

coche_wire.jpg

Thanks a lot for your feedback!
  • Javibcln
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Javibcln polycounter lvl 8
    This is looking great! Could you please post some maps? Keep doing it like this man.
  • alfbadi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Javibcln wrote: »
    This is looking great! Could you please post some maps? Keep doing it like this man.

Of course!, there are all the maps:

textures.jpg

thanks a lot for your support
  • alfbadi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Javibcln wrote: »

jaja, tambn puedes hablarme en espa
  • Javibcln
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Javibcln polycounter lvl 8
    jajaja debuti tio! me mola mucho el coche en serio, cuando acabe el escenario que estoy haciendo me voy a modelar uno asi en baja tambien a ver que tal se da y eso...
  • Steppenwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steppenwolf polycounter lvl 15
    Very nice model for first try! I take it you are not completely new to modeling and texturing?

Where you can improve a lot is unwrapping. There is so much unused space wasted on your maps.
  • alfbadi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very nice model for first try! I take it you are not completely new to modeling and texturing?

Where you can improve a lot is unwrapping. There is so much unused space wasted on your maps.

Thanks!
    No, this is not my first model, is my first model for video games.
    I never done before, this kind of workflow. And i still do not understand why I appear artifacts in -X in the normal map and the occlusion map.

I working as a motion grapher designer, but it has nothing to do with it, is more complex to do this kind of work for video games and i love it!
    I really want to work as a environment artist for videogames.
  • Benjam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Benjam polycounter lvl 4
    I like it, the texture you have used has a nice faded look to it.

I am curious to know exactly how low-poly that is because from the wire frame it does not look all that low poly, the headlights for instance are quite high, the wing mirrors are also quite high.

But all in all great job!!
  • alfbadi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Benjam wrote: »
    I like it, the texture you have used has a nice faded look to it.

I am curious to know exactly how low-poly that is because from the wire frame it does not look all that low poly, the headlights for instance are quite high, the wing mirrors are also quite high.

But all in all great job!!

i Know, it´s not super low poly or low poly in a uniform way. I need to improve my skills. The next one will be better.