LJ7p3dr.jpg
GwPp4Iw.jpg
oC5unri.jpg

Replies

• Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    Nice model, the renders with the darker background look better, they have more contrast and the darker blue goes a lot better as complementary.

Your wear and tear is pretty inconsistent and unlogic tho. At some parts where a huge amount of wear would occur, you have noone and at many areas where it would be impossible to get wear you have it along the whole edge, like the pelvis area.
    That could only get scratches like that if you took it apart and grind id along a surface evenly on the edge.

On the chest theyre ok, they appear more as separation through highlighting the edges, but on the pelvis theyre too strong and look odd. Wear appears on the highest concave areas. Shoulders, the backhand, that armpit thing, the knees and that metal on the knees, thats where it would be the heaviest, and you dont even have highlights there, let alone wear and scratches.
    + The model has such a simple texturing workflow that you can take a lot of time for the wear part.

Please dont use free grunge fonts unless(until) you're a graphic artist with experience. How was it called , Angels something, I dunno. Its one of the most overused alongside with bleeding cowboys, and any art director deserving his spot will think you dont have taste.
    It just dosnt look good, no its like a stamp degrading you and your work.
    Like using comic sans if you dont get the bleeding cowboys thing.
    Stick to a nice clean sans serif, it a lot more classy and professional.

Good work else, nice modeling
    + for colored background
  • dmihalatos3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great work man! Some minor tweaking with wear and tear. Overall, great work! Keep it up!
  • Selaznog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Selaznog polycounter lvl 8
    Shrike nailed it.

(Btw Shrike I think that font is called Birth of a Hero; I remember using it years ago when I first discovered downloadable fonts :p)

Modeling overall is very nice, but yah try and add more story to the damage. Very inspiring work and makes me want to model a suit :p
  • Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    ahh I had something like angel and wings and stuff in mind, it was pretty close idiologic then haha , nice one