Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fairytale Tree Home

So I'm getting close to the stage where the modeling is compete and before I go head first into uvmapping and creating texture maps I would greatly appreciate the input of the many creative talents on this website. Its a portfolio piece and I intend to showcase it using UDK.

Replies

• Shoy333
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What you have there so far looks really great man keep pushing through this!! A couple'a tips wold be to do better renders/presentations as right now its hard to see everything you got going on in there the modeling looks solid but your renders are to far away to tell, Once you get some closer renders I think alot more people will comment on this and help you bring this puppy to life but great looking start man!
  • SinisterUrge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Back working on this piece once again after a few months break from it. Sculpted out the front door a while back, more updates to follow in the coming days.

door_front.jpg
  • SinisterUrge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Without Mari 2.0, it would have been a difficult task texturing this piece and getting the seems to match up. A great program has gotten even better with the new layers system.

Currently in the process of setting up the textures in UDK.

treehouse_max.jpg

treehouse_mari.jpg

udk_treehouse.jpg
  • SinisterUrge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The main part of the main tree has been added into UDK. I’ve been extremely busy these past few days and now looking forward to moving on and texturing more meshes. It seems to be coming together nicely, even got the leaves to move as if by the wind.

Feedback, as always is most welcome.

udk_treehouse270513A.jpg
    udk_treehouse270513B.jpg
    udk_treehouse270513C.jpg
  • SinisterUrge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Added in the main part of the house inside the tree.

Badly need some constructive criticism on this piece. Ok, so they bark needs more detailing, there needs to be more branches and leaves. What else is it lacking?
    udk_treehouse01062013.jpg
  • JamieRIOT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamieRIOT polycounter lvl 6
    This model is starting to look mushy. The bark texture just looks pretty much like a flat brown, with the mossy foliage blending in due to being a too similar colour and the noisy normal map looking the same on both. The steps don't look like stone at the moment either, so definitely keep working on the material definition on the whole piece.
  • MattyWS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattyWS polycounter lvl 11
    Agree'd, what happened to the lovely wooden steps in the concept?

Also the sculpt of the door is looking a bit undefined and 'blobby'
  • SinisterUrge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @JamieRIOT: Makes sense, Jamie. Come to think of it, the bark should be a greyer colour too.

MattyWS : Those steps are round the back. As for the door, planned on adding the small normal map details from a diffuse overlayed on the normal back.