Home General Discussion

League of Legends Cinematic: A twist of fate.

agk3d
polycounter lvl 7

Replies

• oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
  • joe gracey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joe gracey polycounter lvl 11
    So so awesome!
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Really cool stuff! :)
  • vargatom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    agk3d wrote: »
    Here's the behind the scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-c4TdGrs6Q

Shame on all the game devs for acting as if they made the whole thing and making no mention of Blur doing the hard work at all. I think it's pretty damn insulting :(
  • agk3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    agk3d polycounter lvl 7
    vargatom wrote: »
    Shame on all the game devs for acting as if they made the whole thing and making no mention of Blur doing the hard work at all. I think it's pretty damn insulting :(

Agreed there should be some acknowledgement for BLUR. Still the team did amazing work, hope they do more.
  • vivin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vivin polycounter lvl 11
    Well done BLUR! while im more of a dota2 fan, its always awesome to see another wicked cinematic from blur

Vargatom: totally agree, I was scratching my head the whole time while watching the behind the scenes vid, wondering when they were going to name drop Blur...didnt happen, very poor effort
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    Super shit on riot games part for that behind the scenes...
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Agreed, that's kind of shitty. Lovely animation though, very nice work from blur.
  • The Lama
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Lama polycounter lvl 5
    That is really amazing, it's mind blowing how much work is put into such minor details and how much it affects the overall animation. Really inspiring work.
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 14
    Man, and now everyone is going to spout crap like "Riot Games has an In House Cinematic Team like Blizzard! So Blizzards Cinematics aren't a big deal? Who's Blur?"

If the avarage gamer knew how many of their favorite CGI trailers came form Blur, they might just start appreciating CGI trailers more rather than shooting them down for not being gameplay :/

Awesome trailer though, I was kind of pulled out of absolutely everything when the little cat ear anime girl came in and ruined the seemingly solid art direction, but I guess that's more Riots fault than Blurs :P
  • ceebee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ceebee polycounter lvl 14
    Blur did a killer job, kinda lame Riot took the behind the scenes into their own hands (or at least I guess it seems that way, maybe not?)
  • CordellC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CordellC polycounter lvl 11
    What a shitty thing to do. Wow.

Blur did an amazing job, though :)
  • Tairii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tairii polycounter lvl 9
    Skamberin wrote: »
    Man, and now everyone is going to spout crap like "Riot Games has an In House Cinematic Team like Blizzard! So Blizzards Cinematics aren't a big deal? Who's Blur?"

If the avarage gamer knew how many of their favorite CGI trailers came form Blur, they might just start appreciating CGI trailers more rather than shooting them down for not being gameplay :/

Awesome trailer though, I was kind of pulled out of absolutely everything when the little cat ear anime girl came in and ruined the seemingly solid art direction, but I guess that's more Riots fault than Blurs :P

HAVE YOU SEEN MY BEAR TIBBERS?

On a different note, I was really confused by how things were treated. Certain things were very realistic while others were very...cartoony? Those things became apparent when Annie (the anime girl) showed up. The contrast did make me think, "what in the world??" for a moment.
  • Zpanzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zpanzer polycounter lvl 8
    Excellent cinematic. One thing that I don't get though(I'm a big fan of Blur and their work) is some of the fluid sims(smoke) seems low res and rushed with banding??? Usually I can spot a Blur cinematic by their really awesome fluid sims that got this nice "smoothness" to them. The best example is the smoke comming from the hole that Garren's flying sword of doom makes at 2:30.
    Twisted Fate and Fiddle Sticks are awesome! Love the fluidity motion they made for TF!
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katana polycounter lvl 14
    Tristan...damn.
  • HitmonInfinity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HitmonInfinity polycounter lvl 11
    Skamberin wrote: »

That's league for you. Their "lore" exists pretty much so they don't have to stick to any lore. The idea is that all these Champions come together from numerous universes into this battle arena dimension where they are controlled by you, the summoner. It's pretty fun if you ask me, and part of why I think league has gotten so big.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly shit!