Home Technical Talk

Customizing Zbrush brushes

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
jmk-art polycounter lvl 4
I'm curious, I know how to arrange the UI differently in ZBrush but is there a way to create a list of some of my favorites brushes that show up at startup.

Replies

• nyx702
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You can put any brushes you want to be there on start in the folder Program Files>Pixologic>ZStartup>Brushes

And you can drag any brushes from the "Brushes" menu into the interface just like you would with other elements.

Hope that helps.
  • jmk-art
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmk-art polycounter lvl 4
    It does thanks.
  • s6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    s6 polycounter lvl 10
    nyx702 wrote: »
    You can put any brushes you want to be there on start in the folder Program Files>Pixologic>ZStartup>Brushes

And you can drag any brushes from the "Brushes" menu into the interface just like you would with other elements.

Hope that helps.

As he said, The most helpful thing I've be able to use is a custom menu hot keyed to a key (z in my case). Has all my common brushes, some common materials etc. I've get all my zbrush panels close or collapsed to have as much canvas as possible, So these quick menus are a good fix for that set up.

All you need to do is go to preferences/config/Enable Customization.

Then Prefs/Custom UI/Create new menu. NOTE: I have found if you name your menus to be anything alphabetically before the last menu that already exist, you will get a nasty offset up there. So if you call a menu "Menu" it will move it to the middle of the list, and every menu to the right of it will open the menu to the left of where you click(confusing, I know :P)

To avoid this, I just name mine zz1, zz2, zz3, Etc. That way they go the far right, and nothing gets offset.

From there like nyx702 you can just ctrl+alt drag items into these menus. To hotkey them, Just exit Custom Ui Mode than ctrl+alt click a menu, and use the key combo you'd like to key it to.

Here's my interface. Between S, D, A, and Z, I rarely have to open up the side trays.

qbddO7.png

Edit: Aw. Ninja'd Maybe you'll still find it useful. Also important to note, i just put those brushes on the bottom because you cant get rid of that space there, and i haven't made them different than the menu yet. Just noting, They don't have to match, Like mine happen to. :)
  • nyx702
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The brush menu popup is sexy. I might do that too. I feel like I might prefer them in the interface more because my left hand is super tired of hitting hotkeys. Frees him up to hold a Coke or something.