Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: ShelleyR

Here are some progress shots of a Zbrush sculpt at the beginning of a hi to low workflow. I've been working on him during sculpt jam events with some classmates at our ZBrush club. I want to polish up the sculpt some more before I retop and unwrap. If you have suggestions for what to add or change with this guy, lay it on me!

bipedcrittersculptjam5.jpg
bipedcritterwipshot.jpg

Replies

• KristaW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KristaW polycounter lvl 9
    I love this creature! It has so much personality and I kind of want to put a saddle on it so I can ride it around the city. The anatomy in the legs is great and the chicken flap wings are to die for.
    Are the toenails their own subtool? If they aren't I would consider breaking them apart because in the top photo it almost looks like they are the same tool and it doesn't appear to have the same amount as separation as the toenails in the bottom. And depending on your polycount target when you retop this, I would also have the toenails be a separate object. The feet and the head are such a main focus on this creature that I would spend polys there to push the believability as you get closer to finishing this guy.
    Can't wait to see the outcome. I'm definitely going to follow this thread.
  • ShelleyR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This one was from sculpt Jam 4. 5 hours. Theme was "female"

sevisculptwip.png
  • ShelleyR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sculpt Jam 2 and 3 results. 5 hours each.

sculptjam3shelleyrapple.jpg
    shelleysculptjam2.jpg
  • ShelleyR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sculpt Jam 6 was today. Our theme was "adorable"
    sj6shelleyscutieowl.jpg
  • ShelleyR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I sculpted a couple of my favorite people from memory recently <3
    Its really tough to sculpt a person from memory but its also pretty fun. I intended to do 6 of these but will have to put the other 4 on hold so I can work on my submission for the character art competition.

kristarender.jpgjoelrender.jpg
  • ShelleyR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shelleysj7.jpg

Sculpt Jam 7 was today. Our theme was "Children's fable/story etc. turned horrifying.
    Mine is the velveteen rabbit having been ironically turned into a real rabbit (which was his dream) just as the family of the child who got scarlet fever threw his toys into the fire.