Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Lotet making a character (hopefully)

hero character
Offline / Send Message
lotet hero character
Its story time! so basicly what happend was my computer had loose parts in it, so I sent it back for repairs, and they said 3-5 weeks.
so I went "noooooo" and then they said: dont worry, we will lend you a computer untill yours is fixed. So I went: oh, thats okay xD

So basicly I need to try this new computer out and see if it works and make sure I can work on it.

Replies

• lotet
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    So I have no idea where im going, just got the wacom drivers working on the new machine and tried em out, so this is what I got so far:

characterwip01.png
  • lotet
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    OK, Did some more painting on this one.
    Not happy at all, the design is horrible but atleast I have somewhere to start.
    characterwip02.png
  • lotet
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    So I think Il settle with this, did a line drawing on top of the render, better design. I want to ad some metal and cloth details on him to but I think il do that when sculpting.
    characterwip03.png
  • Shiniku
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    He looks cute! I like where the design is headed.
  • Di$array
    Offline / Send Message
    Di$array polycounter lvl 5
    Hey Lotet mate, always a joy to see your work and it looks like we are in for another treat!

Glad to see you've kept the mild, amused look you give the fish/lizard dude as it adds layers of charcater to him. I like the asymmetric approach to the shoulder pads but I thing you could push it further.

I'll be keeping an eye on this.
  • lotet
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    Hey Di$array mate! thanks! I tried to push the asymetry more in the 3D version.
    Shiniku: thanks!

so heres n update!
    wip01.png
  • Di$array
    Offline / Send Message
    Di$array polycounter lvl 5
    Yeah mate now we are cooking with gas but I think the width of the face in the initial concept looks better.

Either way keep post and I'll be watching.
  • lotet
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    maybe your rigt, il take a look at the face sometime soon, anyways, hers another small update, sculpted some more details.

wip02.png
  • lotet
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    update, dont think im gonna work on this guy much more, work is taking over :( anyways, did some polypaint and some more detail work.
    skrmklipp09.png
  • _DeadPixel_
    Hey Lotet, cool character!

Got some feedback.
    I really like his shield but I think considering what it's used for the thin stretched skin stuff would be quite impractical, maybe you could add a little more shell to the outside of the shield and more skin to the inside?
    I like how organic the sword looks but it's leaning a little too much towards man-made with the shapes. It could look a little sharper on the edge too.
    As for the shell armour stuff on his body it could maybe be placed in more practical areas. For instance he has one covering his whole butt / upper leg but that area would need to deform for him to walk.

Maybe you could add some interlocking shells like this image:

2008_12_01-Crustaceans.jpg

Another cool thing would be to add some detail to the shell like this image:

Spider+crab+shell.JPG

I hope you get some time to finish this guy, I'm looking forward to it. :)