Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

These need to be less bad so i'm gonna need all the help i can get.

Here's what i'm working on at the moment for uni and i'd love some help to make them suck as little as possible. So much room for improvement in them, and so many areas i know i'm bad at, like eyes and cloth, so if you see anything obvious that i'm doing wrong or any tips or tutorials you'd recommend i will be forever grateful.

E9C7fzah.jpg
C0Z9ZpSh.jpg
VfLuMrC.jpg
uodOCdLh.jpg
daCDgdfh.jpg

Any help would be hugely appreciated :D

Replies

• harricool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    proportions dude...that's were u lack....the monk body looks fine..but head is way too big...so does his feet..and color...is so red..same issue with the other guy..do u have some references for it...check out some works in z brush central..u will find some beautiful sculpts..tutorials for sculpting are available in plenty but we get lost in some point..its better u practice drawing some human anatomy....best guidance would be following constructive anatomy by George B.Bridgman..trust be u will learn a lot..all the best
  • _DMage_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think your us mapping was a little bit of ... but ★★★★★
  • McKracken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @harricool thanks for the advice, i tried paying a lot of attention to the proportions, I even made a 7 1/2 head guide for the charactersh52wyak.jpg
    Though it appears i miscounted, and made him 6 1/2 maybe

@dmage thanks but i'm not quite sure what you mean by us mapping?
  • mr_ace
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr_ace polycounter lvl 9
    Hi McKracken, you should check out samar vijay's Marv model here and it might give you a better idea of some of the improvements you can make to yours.

the first thing that stands out to me is the arms, from the side view, they're very thin and his hands are very small. A good rough guide to hand size is to put your hand over your face, you'll find it stretches from your chin all the way up probably to the middle of your forehead so in other words, hands are about the size of your face.

Next off his pose looks a little awkward, like he's hunched over slightly, which detracts from his powerful image and makes me look more old and feeble.

What exactly is your setup for how the model is constructed? it looks as if the head, ears and body are separate subtools, this is very odd I'm not really sure how you came to do things like this but i would strongly recommend against it, or if you're going to start out like that, only do it for a few subdivisions then project those tools onto a single basemesh, you just can't make a human model with your subtools set up like that

i hope that is of some help to you
  • McKracken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally got to return to working on these guys, input is always welcome and i'd really appreciate the help. (ignore the hands for now please)

Eo2xqHf.png

OWx11Me.png

Also thank you mr_ace, there was some really great advice in there :D
  • pixelpatron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter
    Bandage under hairline? It's Magic!
    copperfield-david-photo-xl-david-copperfield-6220671.jpg
  • McKracken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bandage under hairline? It's Magic!
    copperfield-david-photo-xl-david-copperfield-6220671.jpg

Lol, yeah i'd seen that just didn't give it a high priority so didn't fix it then and forgot it about it after :/