Home Technical Talk

Fit to Terrain problem on Terrain

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
PogoP polycounter lvl 10
Hey guys.

Having an issue with fit to terrain in Cryengine. I have a terrain laid out, and I'm trying to fit some trees using the vegetation tool like the default cryengine X trees. However, when I enable 'fit to terrain' on the material, the trees go crazy!

The ones on the left are the default Cryengine trees, which work fine with and without fit to terrain being enabled. Mine are on the right.

terrain_prob_01.jpg

Any idea why they would be doing this?

They are all separate planes attached to a dummy in 3ds max. do they need to be exported differently, perhaps?

Thanks guys.

Replies

• e-freak
    as you pointed out, one problem will be that they are separate (big!) planes with one pivot. this feature is usually meant for objects with their base in a smaller radius (think grass patch or single tree).

the x-trees are supposed to be the far far backdrop of the scene, so you would not see if/how they are aligned :)
  • PogoP
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP polycounter lvl 10
    The thing is though, the default Cryengine x-trees are working fine, and they snap to the terrain really well. Mine go very skewed when fit to terrain is enabled.

Here's the Crytek trees:

terrain_prob_02_crytek.jpg

And here's mine:

terrain_prob_02_mine.jpg
  • PogoP
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP polycounter lvl 10
    Hmm it seems to be working now.. After a lot of tweaking. I think it was a problem in Cryengine, I think an Editor reset fixed it!