Home Technical Talk

Zbrush for Free??

manilamerc
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
manilamerc polycounter lvl 6
Howdy ya'll not sure if this thread should be here, but my computer was virused up and I lost my zbrush 4 r2. Do you guys know how I can get my Zbrush back? Preferably Zbrush 4r5 this time. I'm trying to avoid torrents because my uncle who is an expert in computers told me to avoid them so I don't get any viruses. If you guys know anything more about torrents like if torrents aren't so bad for my computer then let me know because I feel that torrents may be the only way. I do not want to buy Zbrush obviously because it is crazy expensive. So if you guys know any way let me know.

Replies

• James Ordner
    I don't recommend torrenting it, one for the viruses, and two, it's not legal. Have you ever tried sculptris? It's not near the program zBrush is, but it's very capable for beginner to intermediate level sculpts. Plus, it's legal and 100% virus free. If you don't like that, try Blender. Besides being an awesome modeling program, it also has built-in sculpting features, all 100% free.
  • monster
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    Sorry but Polycount isn't the place to find pirated software. Personally, I would give blender a serious shot. It has some amazing sculpting tools these days.

From the rules:
    The Polycount Forum does not condone software piracy

Polycount does not condone piracy nor do we allow links to pirated games or software. We understand the piracy discussion, however Polycount will not be used as a platform for speaking out in favor of piracy, thus threads centering around piracy may be removed/deleted. If you are linking directly to the source for illegal copies of software you will be permanently banned without further warnings.
  • Stromberg90
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    yeah not a good post this one......
    Sculptris is nice or 3d coat good and cheap program it seems :)
  • jordan.kocon
    Offline / Send Message
    jordan.kocon polycounter lvl 6
    Downloading torrents in Canada isn't illegal ;)
  • Stromberg90
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    Downloading a torrent isnt illegal anywhere(might be wrong) it's more a case of what the torrent contains :P
  • terry1337
    if u are a student u can get a mudbox student licence
  • JR
    Offline / Send Message
    JR polycounter lvl 15
    No for piracy. Give Blender a BIG try.
  • mazz423
    Offline / Send Message
    mazz423 polycounter lvl 9
    As said above, pirating software of this sort is illegal, and not something I would recommend doing, however, from the sound of your post I'd say it sounds as though you purchased a legitimate license a while ago and lost it when your computer had to be wiped, correct?

If that is the case then simply give the pixologic support team a call, I had the same problem a while ago when one of my hard drives died, they can deactivate the license on their end allowing you to reactivate it on your new computer, however, that is assuming what you owned before was a legitimate copy, if it was that'll work.
  • SpeCter
    Offline / Send Message
    SpeCter polycounter lvl 14
    mazz423 wrote: »
    As said above, pirating software of this sort is illegal, and not something I would recommend doing, however, from the sound of your post I'd say it sounds as though you purchased a legitimate license a while ago and lost it when your computer had to be wiped, correct?

If that is the case then simply give the pixologic support team a call, I had the same problem a while ago when one of my hard drives died, they can deactivate the license on their end allowing you to reactivate it on your new computer, however, that is assuming what you owned before was a legitimate copy, if it was that'll work.
    I do not want to buy Zbrush obviously because it is crazy expensive

This sounds like he bought it?
  • rooster
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    get in touch with pixologic, give them details about how and when you purchased zbrush and hopefully they can straighten it out. if you didn't buy it, you're on your own we don't discuss piracy on the boards.
This discussion has been closed.