Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UDK] Garage Environment

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
theonewhoknocks polycounter lvl 6
Hey everyone, wanted to get some feedback on this environment I've been working on lately. It's of a concept of a post apocalyptic garage. Kind of rage inspired. I would greatly appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

Highres_Screenshot_00006_zpsf68e133b.png

Highres_Screenshot_00003_zps96f4871a.png

Highres_Screenshot_00004_zpsfb49c4e0.png

Highres_Screenshot_00002_zps70476061.png

Replies

• KartoonHead
    Offline / Send Message
    KartoonHead polycounter lvl 4
    So much black. Have you done lightmap UV coordinates for each item? If so the resolution might be a tad low. Other big black-spots looks like they could be smoothing errors. It's all really nasty to look at, so much low-frequency noise. The floor actually looks like it's just cloud noise from Photoshop. The shadows also don't correspond with the light sources, there's no harsh light coming through the near-opaque windows on the roof but there is a harsh shadow across the floor. Individual assets need more love, if you want the scene to stand up on its own before you get into the nitty gritty, just use AO and normals on your assets while you build the level, texturing takes up a huge amount of time, so put it off until later if you feel yourself wanting to rush through and botch a texture so you can keep progressing.
  • theonewhoknocks
    Offline / Send Message
    Decided to start from scratch with the lighting, and also took off those shadows from the windows. Im still working on some of the textures for the assets in the scene. I also modeled this vehicle which i'm not sure if I should put into the scene. I feel like it makes it too crowded.

Highres_Screenshot_00004_zps6d8e2e50.png

Highres_Screenshot_00005_zps22801032.png

Highres_Screenshot_00006_zpsf6a9cb02.png

Highres_Screenshot_00007_zps06009f08.png
  • theonewhoknocks
    Offline / Send Message
    The screenshots came out a little dark, I didnt even notice. I brighted up one of them.

ss51_zps9c6e62a7.jpg