Home Technical Talk

Marmoset Toolbag Error

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
JamesMeader polycounter lvl 9
I've followed several tutorials to the word and everytime I take a shot the render comes out all dark and horrible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also some help with figuring why i cant seem to post images directly into posts, it just come up with the following
eli_marmoset_fail.jpg

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've followed several tutorials to the word and everytime I take a shot the render comes out all dark and horrible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Also some help with figuring why i cant seem to post images directly into posts, it just come up with the following
    eli_marmoset_fail.jpg

Its not really clear from your post what your actual problem is.

Do you get different results in the viewport than what is exported when you save a screenshot?

Any information you can provide will help.
  • JamesMeader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The view port looks fine its only when i take a shot.

I have attached an example of the shot. I thinking the problem could be something like I havent ticked certain options. I made sure I placed lights into the scene.

Hope this is enough information.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can you post an image of what the viewport result looks like? Just do a printscreen and paste it into photoshop, save that out and post it as well.

It really isn't clear what your problem is from the image you posted, without seeing what it looks like in the viewport or further explanation of what is wrong with it.

Also, for good measure:
    What video card do you have?
    Do you have the latest video drives installed? If no, update your drivers
    Which OS are you running?
    Does your issue only happy under certain circumstances, ie: when using dynamic lights or does it happen all the time?
  • JamesMeader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My video Card is an AMD FirePro V7900 and I have updated the drivers.
    I am running Windows 7 64bit
    The issue happens in any situation, or with any light.

I have attached a screenprint, a render shot and the light settings I used.
    The texture maps (Diffuse,Normal and Specular) I applied to my character are TGA's at 2k.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unfortunately this is probably due to the FireGL card, this isn't a card that we've had time to test or officially support. Apparently there were some gamma issues recently fixed with some of the ATI drivers but maybe the FireGL drivers didn't get the same fix?

If you have a consumer Nvidia(Geforce) or ATI(Radeon) card available I would try that out and see if it fixes the issue. Sorry I don't really have a better solution than that at this point.
  • JamesMeader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok, im pretty sure my laptop has a ATI Radeon so I'll just try it out on there. Gives me an excuse to clear and sort it out.

Thanks for the help.