Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Assassin Rabbit WIP

Wanted to make a custom mod character for the game Overgrowth. This is my work in progress.
Also first post on polycount. I have been a lurker for way to long.

polycountthread001.jpg
operationbunnyassassin2.jpg
operationbunnyassassin2.jpg

Replies

• alifarsangi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alifarsangi polycounter lvl 9
    hey very nice work so far ! u might just re pose ur character a bit to make him look more stronger !

here is just a ref that might help u ! this character uses almost same anatomy !

15fg3a0.jpg
  • Gary Matycich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    His pose atm was set up for ease of rig. Could you explain to me more why you think the pose should be changed?
  • refriedspinach
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    refriedspinach polycounter lvl 3
    right now from the angles we can see, it looks like its unbalanced and going to fall over. if you look at most T/A poses, they still have a sense of balance, like the ref alifarsangi used above. itll be easier to rig because its almost at a relaxed pose. it also looks better for presentation because when characters are unbalanced, it can be hard to look at and makes it seem like somethings ''offf''
    also having him not hunched over gives him that heroic look as well. :)

great sculpting and concept though! the face looks very natural and the hair sculpting looks great.
  • Gary Matycich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Refriedspinach- thanks for the info! Ill try messing with that before I go further. side note: did you go to dave school in florida? the tug boat model you did looks familiar.
  • bumshawn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For the unbalanced look, I would say defining where the heel is on your character, and line up the spine to that heel. From your shot, there's no clear definition of where the heel of the foot is, and as refriedspinach mentioned, the upper body is leaning forward, beyond that 90 degree angle, giving it the unbalanced look.

Other than that, great work! The title sold me! =P
  • Gary Matycich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reposed him a bit while trying to not mess up all individual parts.

polycountthread002.jpg
  • bumshawn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very nice! Definitely a better starting pose! Do you plan on adding fur details similar to the head on to the legs?
  • Gary Matycich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bumshawn: yes I do. Just Blocking stuff out now.

legss.jpg
  • Gary Matycich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Put some more time into the legs today

polycountthread003.jpg
  • dissonance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome concept! Very nicely done, too; I'm digging the mottled look of the fur. Gonna add whiskers as 2d planes?
  • Gary Matycich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    assassinrabbit.jpg

Had to rush a semi finished version for my portfolio. Still going to work on him though.

things to finish-
    finish cloth maps.
    add poly card fur to break up the silhouette and hide the inside of the model.
    add poly card whiskers.
    fix seams in the texture.
    break up the color of the fur.
    improve hands overall.
    improve left arm guard.
    correct color of bracers (way to orange).

I know you guys can think of a million more things. Throw them at me!
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Hey Gary, he looks pretty cool! Really like the way you sculpted the fur. In terms of material definition and textures you could probably push him a lot further. Firstly, overall he could use some 'dirtying up', maybe some darker areas towards the bottom of the robe/dress garment.

One area that catches the eye straight away is the wrist guard/s - I would probably go for more of a burgundy or red brown rather than tan color (or possibly a less saturated tan color) in order to complement the rest of the outfit.

The red band around the waist is more of a 'block red' right now without any variation, kinda killing the texture. The nose and inside of the ears could also have subtle variations in color in order to break up the texture more.

Nice work so far though, Looking forward to seeing updates :)