Home Technical Talk

3ds max UV questions

- Is there a way to mirror UV's across a XY/YZ/XZ plane, like the symmetry modifier? For example Let's say I have a 6 sided die, with each face of the die being composed of 10 polys. Let's say I organize the UV's on the 1 face. Is there any ways I can have max auto organize the polys on the face across from it (the 6 face, I think) to be identical to the ones I just organized?

- Is there a way I can have max space out the vertices of selected UV faces to be identical to how it is spaced on a XY/YZ/XZ/ plane? Following the first example, let's say I organized the face to look like a 3 by 3 grid (tic tac toe board). But on the model, they aren't spaced that way. Is there a way to auto space the UV's to match how it is spaced on the model?

Replies

• k@rt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    k@rt polycounter lvl 6
    -I don't think that there is a way to auto "organize" groups of polys based on a pattern. If I were going to do what you are describing, I would make my first face of the die, unwrap it, then collapse it down and copy the "polys" accross to be the second face - that way it will just duplicate the uvws.

-I'm not sure if I understand you right here, but if you select the polys that make up your face, stictch them together and then use the relax tool they will arrange themselves how they are on the face.
  • Jabberwockxeno
    k@rt wrote: »
    -I don't think that there is a way to auto "organize" groups of polys based on a pattern. If I were going to do what you are describing, I would make my first face of the die, unwrap it, then collapse it down and copy the "polys" accross to be the second face - that way it will just duplicate the uvws.

And how would I make that copy be the UV's for the other face?

EDIT:

Can you show me with images what you mean?

The actual model I am working with is a gun stock. the left side is already all stiched togteher. Hitting relax just further disorts the shape.