Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ATHENA Project

ae.
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
ae. polycounter lvl 12
Hey Guys,

Been tinkering around with this idea for awhile now since the summer actually, I have been working on Sci-fi since i started at Digital extremes and really want to push myself to do more organic stuff.

The basic idea of the project is that the user/viewer starts out in a scifi hallway but as he opens the main door of the area he walks out into a large and beautiful landscape.

My main inspiration for this scene is actually from the second mission "Halo" from HALO:CE: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfSZ8bnBeXY"]Halo Anniversary Walkthrough Part 2 - Halo [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

This level is the reason i got into games the first time you step onto halo and are presented this world that has so much possibilities, I wanted to convey the same feeling with this scene.

I'm hoping to get a solid blackout of the interior done sometime this weekend below you can find s bite-sized concept sheet that i will be using to define not only the scifi elements but also the landscape of the level:
athenaconceptsheet.jpg
Here were some studies and ideas i was exploring before i set out to make this scene(disclaimer: below assets will not be in final scene) :
athenadronewip01.jpg

chamber03.jpg

1.jpg

More updates to come!

Replies