Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Zelda game in UDK

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Hello! I'm a programmer and I'm making the game in UDK. This is a non-commercial fan game, a sequel to The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess.
There are my latest gameplay video:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFWN9T_hEQw"]Picking up items[/ame]

You can find more on my channel and forum.
Currently I'm looking for 3D modellers, animators and artists to improve original models and textures.
You can contact me by Skype: avatarus_one

Replies

• aliasbane
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looks good so far, what are you looking for specifically to get done?
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For levels I want to replace most textures with high-res. (2x-4x size). Some level geometry, objects and items need to be more detailed.
    Most of original characters are fine, but we will need new animations. Some characters may be redesigned. And there'll be some new of them.
    We need to save the graphics style of original game, which is closer to a cartoon.
  • dpaynter26
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dpaynter26 polycounter lvl 11
    Looks really cool!
  • warby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    warby polycounter lvl 18
    i am pretty impressed with what you already got !
  • Lugbzurg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmmm... I can't hear anything. Better turn the volume up...

*CRASH!*

Yeah, that was pretty much my initial reaction at the start. I did notice some very slight issues with the pots shattering after they'd hit the ground, along with the aforementioned sound they made. These three things weren't in unison. So be sure to look into that. Not to mention making Link's sword more likely to strike pots when swung.

The only other thing I can really think of to look into would be making sure that the game doesn't screech to a halt after every other rupee you collect to tell you how much it's worth. That was extremely aggravating. I already knew what a blue rupee was before the first 100 times Link had thrust one in front of the screen while a text box told me it was a blue rupee and worth 5 rupees.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Next videos will have a music, we work on a system that can play such complex music as Hyrule Field's.
    I bet you never noticed issues in TP, it uses same sounds and animations. Looking through resources of TP, sometimes I see how lazy was developers from Nintendo. In TP look at Link when he's running with cucco. He is not even touch it! I'm sure if I didn't fixed that animations, you certainly noticed them in my project.
    I not yet set up all these sound effects well, i know. It's just a demo.
  • DanniAlvarado
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Would be cool if you had more variety of your sound effects...for example you only have one rock break/shatter...you need to have lets say 4 ....so every time you break a rock randomly plays one of 4 and ....random pitch, random velocity ......kills the repetitiveness of the sounds you are using....visually what you have is great though....what are you doing to implement sound in game? right in UDK? or some middle wear tool? Ei. Audio Kinetics Wwise would be sweet!

great work over all though cheers!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm just looking through sounds of Twilight Princess and import them to UDK without any processing. Then I create sound cues that allow to play sounds in specified order, with defined volume and pitch. There are not so many possibilities. For example, i can't play a sound from spicified time, just from beginning.
  • R3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
    Pretty cool! make sure you dont get C&D'd by nintendo though.
  • dellafaille
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks amazing
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    Very cool

I sent you a pm :)
  • darkmanx_429
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    darkmanx_429 polycounter lvl 6
    I'm just looking through sounds of Twilight Princess and import them to UDK without any processing. Then I create sound cues that allow to play sounds in specified order, with defined volume and pitch. There are not so many possibilities. For example, i can't play a sound from spicified time, just from beginning.

Couldn't you do that with the sound through kismet and using matinee?
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kismet is the weirdest way to do this. It should be used to create unique gameplay elements that vary in different situations, but not for making dozens of similar objects.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    As much as I love the Zelda games, you do need to be very aware that Nintendo will never allow you to release this project to anyone.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    ambershee wrote: »
    As much as I love the Zelda games, you do need to be very aware that Nintendo will never allow you to release this project to anyone.

QFT

Just have the artists make art that is similar but not infringing, heck you could probably get away with calling it Twilight Legends.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    We are now trying to replace models, but why is this title is dangerous? I'm not calling this game The Legend of Zelda. Recently fans created Twilight Symphony album, that has reorchestrated tracks from Twilight Princess. How they could get Nintendo allow to release it?
  • RicardoAlves
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    is collaboration needed on this project?
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I found two modellers, but concept artists are still needed. Also I'm looking for people who can work with content in UDK. Lighting, particle systems, materials etc.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    We are now trying to replace models, but why is this title is dangerous? I'm not calling this game The Legend of Zelda. Recently fans created Twilight Symphony album, that has reorchestrated tracks from Twilight Princess. How they could get Nintendo allow to release it?

Music is a different kettle of fish and has different precedents to games. You'd need to pull any Zelda related content from the game before Nintendo would allow you make a release; that's just how they are with protecting their franchises. This doesn't mean you can't make a game with an almost identical art style and game mechanics.
  • darkmanx_429
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    darkmanx_429 polycounter lvl 6
    Kismet is the weirdest way to do this. It should be used to create unique gameplay elements that vary in different situations, but not for making dozens of similar objects.

Maybe, maybe not. It depends on what exactly you got going on. You could use sequences in kismet if it similar objects.