Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Ganondorf Bust

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Chris Bruin polycounter lvl 10
Hey all, thought I'd ask for some feedback on a bust I've been working on and off of.
I'll be polypainting this later once I'm done with the sculpt, which will be after I do more on the cape, shoulder pads, forehead jewel, undershirt, hair, and put in proper eyes.

nYQdz.jpg

Cheers!

Replies

• YellowSub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YellowSub polycounter lvl 7
    Hi! cool sculpt! I like the strong features of his face. The hair is very detailed 0.0 I'm loving it! What brush did u use for it if you don't mind my asking?
  •  Chris Bruin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    All I've been using for the hair so far is just the clay buildup and the Orbs Crack Brush (Download link) (Vimeo link), with a bit of the Move brush to get the hair to flair out (Snake hooks work, but destroy the geometry pretty quickly so I avoid those until the end). I'll be redoing a bunch of the hair, I'm not totally satisfied with it yet :/
  • BobtheGreatII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BobtheGreatII polygon
    This is awesome. Great work, keep it up.
  •  Chris Bruin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I redid the hair for Ganondorf, I wanted to do some material rendering and learn Keyshot, so I did a ZBrush sculpt of the hair and removed the sculpt. (I kept a backup in case if I want to make a print out later though)

Here is a render from Keyshot:

Final_Render_Web.png

I'm not 100% satisfied by the render, the materials on his shoulder/neck guard are way too shiny, so I am currently tweaking them to be more matte/less vivid, they detract too much from the face. I'll also be making a stone body, this was only ever meant to be a bust, having a fleshy thing for the base is kinda weird.

If you've got a suggestion, please let me here it!