Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Senior Project Help needed.

Hey all, Im working on my senior project, and I would love as much feedback as you can give me. I will be posting screenshots along the way. Thanks ahead of time. :)

Here is the brick wall, Rod Iron fence I am working on. It dosnt feel right. Any help would be amazing.

Will

Replies

• KyleJensen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KyleJensen polycounter lvl 12
    Where are the bricks? Brick walls are usually made of bricks. ;)

If I were you, I would make a tiling brick texture and put it on more simple geometry.

Judging by the shapes you're using, you're going for a stylized look. But the problem is you're modeling in a lot of surface detail onto the rocks, which would be a good start if you intend on baking this down to more simple geometry.

If you're going for a low poly stylized look, a lot of your surface detail on the rocks should be handled through texture, not geometry. Your geometry should distributed to the biggest shapes and overall silhouette instead.

Again, if you are actually going for a brick wall appearance, look at brick walls for reference. If you're going for stone walls, look at those for reference as well. :)
  • StreetPlague
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool thanks, I am trying to go for that stylized look, I am much better at textures then modeling. The problem I am facing is I have been told my my instructor that I tend to go to low poly, and I needed to add more geometry to define the objects more. That is what I tried to do. But I understand what your saying, I am going to try to remodel it today. thanks.=)
  • StreetPlague
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok so based off the comment I got earlier, and what I seem to understand my instructor wants, I found a tutorial on making a stone wall. This is what I came up with.