Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

hand paint weapon

Hi all
i'm working on this hand painted weapon. painting at this stage is not done and i want to add some more details and color variations but not sure if the overall look of the model and values are correct.
maybe it needs some more highlights to be added? want to establish the larger details before i move to the smaller ones

so any feedbacks would be much appreciated

here goes the screenshots from the Mermoset toobag
screenshots_zps97e616ac.jpg
texture map preview
map_zpsaeb59498.jpg

and here is the concept art, which belongs to an amazing artist Tamara Bakhlycheva, you can check out her works on the link bellow:

http://first-keeper.cghub.com/
sketch-1_zpse310a80f.jpg

Replies

• sipher3325
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice work. Good job with the highlights and shadows. Only thing I could say is you could add in a little oxidation to the bronze but it isn't necessary really. What you got already looks great.
  • eMotive11
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The shape and textures are looking very nice and true to the concept. I agree that a bit more oxidation could be nice on the bronze but that's more of a small detail that you said you're getting to next :) maybe a tiny bit more shine to the brightest highlights, but overall it's looking very good!
  • marner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sipher3325 wrote: »
    Nice work. Good job with the highlights and shadows. Only thing I could say is you could add in a little oxidation to the bronze but it isn't necessary really. What you got already looks great.
    eMotive11 wrote: »
    The shape and textures are looking very nice and true to the concept. I agree that a bit more oxidation could be nice on the bronze but that's more of a small detail that you said you're getting to next :) maybe a tiny bit more shine to the brightest highlights, but overall it's looking very good!

hey guys thanks for your feedbacks, i'll soon post some updates soon :)
  • marner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hi guys. added some more details and i think i will call this done. really bored with this model, I think i spent too much time on this piece...so hope you like it
    fd2zw.jpg
  • Pixelatedkiwi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pixelatedkiwi polycounter
    The final shot there is much nicer, punching out the contrast and highlights makes it much more visually interesting. Nice work!
  • eMotive11
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah pushing those highlights just a bit made it look awesome! Really nice work there :)
  • marner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The final shot there is much nicer, punching out the contrast and highlights makes it much more visually interesting. Nice work!
    eMotive11 wrote: »
    Yeah pushing those highlights just a bit made it look awesome! Really nice work there :)
    thanks for your feedbacks guys. much appreciated :)