Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

University 3D Facial modelling project

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum so this will be my first post. I am currently working on a 3D Facial Modelling project at university and I was wondering whether you could let me know what you think. This is the first time I have ever attempted to model a human head so it would be very much appreciated if you could leave some feedback. Bear in mind this is meant for use in a game so the tricount has been kept fairly low, 3608 to be exact.

I hope you like it.

head1.jpg

head2.jpg

Cheers.

Replies

• csw92
    Hello again, it would be brilliant to get some feedback on this. It is recommended on the course I'm doing that we try and get as much feedback as we can.

Thanks
  • joelthebergman
    If you could post your wireframes and texture maps, it will be a lot easier to critique. Right now the model looks pretty solid and the textures on the textures on the face look pretty good, but again, it's hard to tell without seeing the wireframes.
  • csw92
    Thank you very much for the quick reply. Below are the wireframes and textures as you requested:

4-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

1-3.jpg

diffuse.jpg

specular.jpg

normals.jpg
  • mr_ace
    Offline / Send Message
    mr_ace polycounter lvl 9
    for a first time moddelling a head this is excellent work, nothing stands out as looking wrong, just a few pointers to help you improve for next time:

the eyes are very oval shaped, real eyes tend to have more of a angular shape, take at look at some more eye photos.

the renders look pre-rendered. If you're making a game res head, you might as well use a game shader or engine to present it, try using the xoluil shader for max or marmoset

the lips could do with another loop of polygons, and they're currently a bit flat in the profile vew

it also lookslike you could do with more sculpting information as well as some alpha detail in you normal map. you should post up your high poly sculpt to for some crits regarding that.

good work overall!
  • csw92
    Thank you for the pointers. They are very helpful. I'll post some screenshots of the sculpt up soon, however for the time being I need to finish of some work. Again, thank you very much.