Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(Wip) toyota 2000 gt

gHys
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
gHys polycounter lvl 5
hiya all.i've been ask to make an hard surface model from an existing concept so i decided to make a car, toyota 2000 gt 1967 approximately

maybe with costum color

anyhow this the car reference, one of the many i've found so far.

30rxx87.jpg

and this is my progress:

20zzq0x.jpg
xbwcxw.jpg
jtmfpk.jpg
244wnif.jpg
16gx3k1.jpg

as allways any critique and suggestion is apriciated.

Replies

• ayoub44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ayoub44 polycounter lvl 10
    Nice start , you dont think you sould start making the body and big shapes first then move to
    details ?
    keep it up
  • gHys
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gHys polycounter lvl 5
    @ayoub44 ahah you're right it's smarter to begin with the whole model and than start the detail.

btw i did this mainly to see if at any point i start to slack with the detail. i hope not but i'll see
  • stxtch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stxtch polycounter lvl 5
    Nice choice of vehicle.

Starting with a visual target for detail is a good idea, but definitely get a start on those larger shapes before you get carried away. Your highpoly work looks nice so far, I'm excited to see where this goes. Do you have a budget for polycount and texture space?
  • gHys
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gHys polycounter lvl 5
    yeah today i focus on major form.
    For the high poly version i've no poly limitation,for the low poly i've to make 3 lod it will be a stress test for a private engine so polycount of the test model will be higher than the final one. range 3-5k,10-15k,50-200k i think

i'll try to use ptext for the highpoly one and see if they bake properly on the low poly with uv