Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Bleeding Edge [WIP]

Replies

• Digital Cantina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Digital Cantina polycounter lvl 11
    Thanks Mospheric - unfortunately zbrush and I arent on good terms at the moment. For now, until I get better at zbrush, all my scratches with have to go through nDo which I now love and worship.
  • Digital Cantina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another update, more material updates
    Bleeding-Edge-Mat-Update-Turnaround-10-31-2012.gif
  • Digital Cantina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fixed a few items, glow maps fixed
    Bleeding-Edge-Mat-Update-10-31-12.jpg
  • RexCastle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice progress. I like that your doing the resilient suit, very cool. I really liked you mark III as well. For some of the battle damage I think you could vary it a bit more. The big damage with the black around it is cool. But it looks like some of the only big damage on the suit. Have you tried more things like just black scaring, bullet holes, or longer thiner scratches like he crash landed or something.

I dont know how closely you want to stick to the comics, but the whole "liquid metal" thing is on this cover if you want to emulate that. Plus he has this little repulsor on the back of his helmet too. Didn't know if you wanted to add that.
  • Digital Cantina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rex, Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it! I'm debating on how I would show the more liquid side of the armor. I'm sure I'll find something awesome as soon as I Finish it. Ill try and throw in that repulsor through nDo later today. Im currently working on the high poly so I can get some decent bevels in.