Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] – Christian Davis, Environment Art

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
chrisundrum polycounter lvl 9
#UPDATE# October 18, 2012

Hey guys I recently did a revamp on my website. Tried to make it more appealing and easier to navigate. I would love any feedback that you may have on the website and the work. Let me know guys thanks!

oh, and BE HARSH. Its always the best feedback. ;D

Notes: I understand that not all the portfolio images are the same, I am constantly working on that.
and that I dont have much as far as full environments go, but I'm on it!

http://www.christiandavisart.com

Hey guys, I am throwing up my portfolio for review from you guys as I am on the hunt for another job. I was unfortunately one of the Vigil people that got sacked the other day :(. But, I will say this, as bad as it ended up it was still an amazing year working there, all the artists there were amazing, and definitely somewhere I would love to return to but for now it will be somewhere else!

I would love any critiques that you may have and/or suggestions! Thanks polycount!. Also side note I am modeling the weapon I designed for the Darksiders MAWC.

Replies

• LMP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LMP polycounter lvl 13
    I feel that the Navigation is a bit annoying. I would have "Epsilon" and "3D" on the same page. Also, on the Epsilon piece, the lighting just feels off. The lighting is a warm yellow, but the sky would suggest something a little more, red-orange.
  • mbischof
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That thesis trailer is sick! :poly121:
  • chrisundrum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    #UPDATE# October 18, 2012

Hey guys I recently did a revamp on my website. Tried to make it more appealing and easier to navigate. I would love any feedback that you may have on the website and the work. Let me know guys thanks!

oh, and BE HARSH. Its always the best feedback. ;D

Notes: I understand that not all the portfolio images are the same, I am constantly working on that.

http://www.christiandavisart.com
  • neilberard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neilberard polycounter lvl 17
    I'm totally digging most of the assets in this portfolio. The only thing that erks me is the thumb for your 2d section seems like a fairly week image, I would just nix that.
  • Rockley Bonner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rockley Bonner polycounter lvl 12
    I dont get the temple piece, it says you where responsible for everything, besides foliage water and rock, except there rocks all over the place. Also, the thesis trailer is awesome, but I was pulled back when I read it was made by 3 people for over 8 months. even lthough, it proves that you can work with a team, its kind of vague what you where actually responsible for.
  • chrisundrum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Neilberard: Thanks Neil. It's been nixed. The thumbnail I am working on right this moment. Thanks for the feedback.

RJBonner: Sorry for the confusion. I will make it a rollover image that will dim out everything I didn't do. The Volcano that the temple is behind I worked on, if that's what you meant by rock all over the place.

Well Bonner, I would agree 8 months does sound like a lot of time, but you also have to take in consideration that we were all still in school, and I was taking 4 other classes. Those classes already ate up 30 hours a week for me alone. Had that be the only thing we worked on, it probably would have been a lot shorter.

Thanks guys for the feedback so far. I really appreciate it.