Home Contests & Challenges Archives Game Art Workshops

CREATING FOREST

Hello, I am making my college project in maya. I need a forest to model in maya which will take time and my project got heavy. IS THERE ANY BEST WAY TO CREATE A FOREST.:poly122:

Replies

• Archanex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Archanex polycounter lvl 18
    There is no "best way" to build a forrest, it all depends on your needs and your schedule. You just gotta start somewhere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkk58o2ykR0&feature=player_detailpage#t=237s
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Start getting a list together of what's required, it will be a lot easier to figure out. Tri counts, texture sizes - you wanna make it pretty modular if you're working on a whole forest. Gather references, etc.
  • M31100
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch wrote: »
    Start getting a list together of what's required, it will be a lot easier to figure out. Tri counts, texture sizes - you wanna make it pretty modular if you're working on a whole forest. Gather references, etc.

I am fairly new to 3d work and I have a project in UDK and i know in the new version not so sure about the older versions of it but it comes with speed tree and I seen someone else use it and it seems pretty simple but i think if you was to use that you may need to save them files as FBX so they can transfer between 3ds maya udk unity and all such :) but like Torch wrote about list everything you need and work through it theres no quick way other than speed tree of what i know of i hope this helps :)