Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

"street"Lamp 3ds Max > Marmoset "Teabag"...

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
punchface polycounter lvl 6
Ladies and gents,

I present to you, my humble prop...a prop which has gained distorted significance in my mind because of this thread here:

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1663305#post1663305

I had to bust my sorry ass for days to get this work done and so now, even though intellectually I know it's no big deal, it's a huge deal for me and so I'm damn well gonna show it! :)

iwCGl.jpg

Replies

• punchface
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    2154 tris

256x256 maps. :)
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reverendK polycounter lvl 7
    them colors are all crazy saturated. especially the glow on the lamp - and if the glass is diffusing the light that dramatically some detail in the texture to explain that would help (dust, dirt, clouded glass etc.)
    but yeah. yellow as hell!
    and i don't know if you're too concerned with the ground...but them grasses is way too straight.
    aint half bad for 256 though.
  • punchface
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeahh, you're right, pretty damn yellow. I did want the glass panes to be clouded/opaque so that the light that comes through is scattered but now you've got me thinking that maybe a less saturated yellow might be the way to go. I wonder if I can make that change in Toolbag rather than having to open Photoshop up and monkey with the textures?...

I'm think I'm going to keep the bloom though. :)

As for the ground, it's a just there to provide context for this particular piece o' work but, that grass might show up somewhere else so I'll add not only a bit more curve to the blades but maybe a bit more noise in the length of the blades as well.

Thanks for the feedback.

pf
  • punchface
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adjustments made to the emmissive texture for less saturation...

adjusted both the lamp's spec and the ground's spec so that the spec highlights that aren't describing a metal material are inverted to produce neutral/white highlights.

adjusted the lamp's diffuse texture so that the metal surface's color/diffuse is a bit darker.

Check it out:
    y7rmx.jpg
  • Vizjerie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vizjerie polycounter lvl 8
  • punchface
    Options
    Offline / Send Message