Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Low Character

Hi everyone,

I think this is my second post on Polycount so sorry if I'm posting it in the wrong place.

This is a realtime character I've just finished is based on this concept here http://cghub.com/images/view/233292/

I hope you guys like it,

Thank you very much.
97919689.jpg[/URL]
28456501.jpg[/URL]
31498430.jpg[/URL]
69295626.jpg[/URL]
50044917.jpg[/URL]

Replies

• peanut™
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    peanut™ polycounter lvl 19
    hmm, he looks french.
  • nufftalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nufftalon polycounter lvl 11
    Cool reminds me of game of thrones. His forehead seems busy. maybe the extra strands of hair is clashing too much not sure. I would recommend breaking the symmetry of the hair as well especially the front. I think all in all its a great character. Give him a pose when your done and more of an expression and it should help the image greatly.
  • mrmagee1000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very cool. Creepy too!

Textures look great. I like how the hair looks on the sides. The opacity of the hairs on the tips looks a little strange however. Especially on the forehead. But other than that, you have a very nice, stylized character
  • Jack Ryan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You absolutely nailed the concept. When I first saw your render I didn't think you got Tyrion's face at all, but when I checked the concept you were working from - spot on. Great job.
  • butt_sahib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    butt_sahib polycounter lvl 11
    Everything looks excellent!

However, i think the following two things would have helped:
    - Even though youve followed the concept to the T, which is excellent, i reckon if you went in and added some cloth folds, it wouldve looked abit better. The clothes seem rather bland and some tension folds on the clothes like you have on the arm coverings might have made a big difference
    - Also your low res version seems to lack alot of variation and interest in the sillhouette. It just seems like if you went in and added some support loops for those folds in the arm (like you have on the legs) to add to the silhouette, the overall character wouldve been more interesting to look at.

Just my opinion though, this looks like a complete, nicely executed project!
  • branduarte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys,

Thank you very much for all the crits and tips ! Really helpful. I'll keep all that in my mind for my next one !

Thanks !
  • killnpc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killnpc polycounter
    this is righteous.
  • Blaisoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaisoid polycounter lvl 7
    awesome! :)

black sleeves look kinda like rubber though.
    and also his face has some junkie vibe to it.