Home Technical Talk

Maxscript question- if caddy present?

Is there a way in maxscript to check if a caddy or a command is currently being performed and modify values in the caddy?

for example: say I want to look to see if I'm doing a connect command and if so then to define keys that become able to increase and decrease the pinch amount? Maybe that same key would do other things if connect is not present

I'm doing something this in modo, I've got the number keys set to increase the number of loopslices and other keys to define the loops' symmetry and other things which only do this while the tools is active.

Replies

• SPYFF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SPYFF polycounter lvl 10
    I think no way to define this any button, but if hold Alt, the caddi use lower amounts, if hold Ctrl, use larger amounts.
  • BcM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BcM
    You can see the properties in the listener.

For example, while a "connect" caddie is open (or closed for that matter) you can change the properties by typing:

$.connectEdgeSegments = 5
    $.connectEdgePinch = 50
    $.connectEdgeSlide = 3

It auto-updates the caddie so the values seen in there match those typed in maxscript.
  • greyocto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah, I get that I change the values in maxscript, but is there way to detect if the caddie is open? Basically I'm trying to create a key that might do one thing if I'm not using connect and would change to modify values only when I'm actually doing a connect.
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Bumping this old topic because I'm wondering the same thing; Any way to detect what caddy, if any, is currently active?