Home Technical Talk

stained glass

I have light passing through a colored glass dome, is there any way to get the "shadow" tinted.

Replies

• Cap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cap triangle
    http://freesdk.crydev.net/display/SDKDOC2/Glass+Shader

"Tint Color Map

By putting a map in the Custom slot and checking Use Tint Color Map you can have multicoloured tinting.
    This is only really useful for stained glass and the like, which is a fairly rare case but is necessary from time to time.
    It's probably advisable to not use this in conjunction with a Tint/Cloudiness/Spec map in order to keep the cost reasonable on console."

Lots more info on the Glass Shader page. Never used it myself but I would imagine everything you'd need to know would be there.
  • Paradan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thats what I'm using, but the light passes through and hits a wall, on the wall, its just normal sunlight, and not tinted.

maybe I need to set up an irradiance volume.
  • Cap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cap triangle
    Ah, well then have you tried just using a decal to fake it? The only other thing I can think of at the moment would be to use a colored mask and project it with a point light, but I think CE3 only allows b&w masks for lights.
  • Olli.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Olli. polycounter lvl 8
    you can set the color of the light emitted by the light entity to green if you want to fake it.

The problem is that light entities are point lights, meaning you wont be able to get a 100% realistic effect.

C3 has area lights though, so if you're willing to wait a year or so, you can do it :P