Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Suns3t - Environment Artist

admin
Offline / Send Message
System admin
Hey everyone,

I haven't posted here in a while. I hope to be more active in the forums. I currently work in the field of compositing. Recently, I've added new art pieces on my site. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Portfolio site:
www.garcellano.com

Replies

• darktype
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey suns3t! Your pieces are really good, but if you are going for environment art you may want to work on getting some actual scenes in there. I don't have much other critiques, you don't have too much work up there right now.
  • Blaisoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaisoid polycounter lvl 7
    your textures feel a bit undefined. even though doors and generator should be made of metal they look more like concrete. a proper specular map is the key to making convincing metal and most time it's impossible to achieve it by just desaturating diffuse map and playing with levels. check out the polycount wiki for some tutorials on this.

same goes for normal map - my advice is learn how to bake normal maps, or at least how height maps work. even if you remove some paint stripes from diffuse map, crazybump won't be able to correctly guess the desired height of all the other parts.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll definitely check through the polycount wiki tutorials.