Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

LowPoly Character (Venom)

VenomSculptReel.jpg
VenomWFReel.jpg
VenomTextReel.jpg

I made a post some time ago about this project with just som WIP pictures of the sculpt. This is the work I've done since. My take on the supervillain Venom from the Spiderman comics is a little less bulky than many choose to make him. Also I guess I have not made im as monstrous as many have done either, but instead gave him more of a realistic bodyshape.

The pictures above show a reel of the sculpt, the model with wireframe and finally the model with a color map and a normal map generated from the sculpt.

All critique and feedback is welcome, but I prefer if you keep it constructive.

Cheers!

(English is not my native language so you'll have to forgive me for any grammatical errors)

Replies

• mospheric
    Offline / Send Message
    mospheric polycounter lvl 11
    For future reference don't post models against a black background. Choose a medium gray at least so we can see forms correctly.
  • Bonte
    mospheric wrote: »
    For future reference don't post models against a black background. Choose a medium gray at least so we can see forms correctly.

Will do! I realized it myself halfway through the process of setting up the images. It worked fine for the sculpt and WF images but when I came to the textured lowpoly image It didn't work quite as well. Was just too lazy to redo it.
  • garriola83
    Offline / Send Message
    garriola83 greentooth
    Looking good but it seems like it's only a good start. Venom is REALLY muscular, to a point where his muscles have their own muscles, lol. The overall body type kinda doesn't scream out Venom; your model doesn't have the V-Taper that muscular men have, its a wide back. And his thighs needs more muscle definition.

The natural curve of the spine is also lacking, and work on those back muscles. Understand the underlying forms first before exploding them into huge muscles.

Also the head could be bigger, or tweaked. Looks oddly smallish.
    There a lot more than I can say but work on the general before you can get to the more specific.

Overall, its a good start, but you can push it further. Good luck.
  • Bonte
    @garriola83: Thx for your reply! As stated in the topic post, I chose to make him this way, less bulky and monstrously muscular than he often is depicted. I wanted to create my own version of Venom. Secondly, I can't really say I agree with you on the head. I had it bigger att first, but then he kinda looked like a bobblehead so I scaled it down.

However, don't take this as me not appreciating your reply. This is one of my very first projects on generating a normal-map from sculpting, so i know I have a lot to learn and I am going to take your critique into consideration in future projects. Thx for the feedback! :)