Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Character/Scene Required for adventure game demo

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
JonathanPL polycounter lvl 11
Hey guys,

I have recently created an adventure game engine(Strongly inspired by Renderhjs amazing work) and I would like to turn it into a professional demo for my portfolio.

The engine is composed of the following:

Maxscript Panel:
  • Position Scenes entry points
  • Position characters
  • Polygonal trigger area(Camera change,Scene change)
  • Walkable area + PathFinding nodes
  • Multiple Camera angle integration
AS3 Engine:
  • Path finding
  • Character smooth motion
  • Different character speed (walk,run) the more clicks the faster the character moves
  • NPC Character interaction
  • NPC Character follow

Feel free to try it:

What I need:
  • 2-3 high quality scenes
  • 1-3 Animated characters(walking,running,standing) should be around 3k polygons
  • UI design for the page background and loading animation(Can do it myself if nobody is interested)

The work would have to been done in 3D Studio max since this is what I use and I will be doing the integration.
Once the project done I will share the binaries with whoever was involved so you can add it to your portfolio as well.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Looking forward to see your proposal!

JonathanPL.com

Replies

• Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Since a coworker and I both got a PM from you, I do wonder how many people you contacted in regards to this. Hopefully it's just a coincidence , and you didn't just spam anyone you could find!
  • JonathanPL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Legitimate concern however I only contacted people who had outstanding portfolio and with whom I was genuinely interested in working with.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In which case, carry on! It's an interesting project, but I don't have anything to offer. Have you considered looking at blendswap.com? They have a fair few models that might work for you.
  • Psyk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    Tu veux quel genre de characters au juste? Sci-fi, m
  • JonathanPL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In which case, carry on! It's an interesting project, but I don't have anything to offer. Have you considered looking at blendswap.com? They have a fair few models that might work for you.
    Thanks for the link, I will consider this as a last resort if nobody is interested.
    Tu veux quel genre de characters au juste? Sci-fi, m
  • shadownet752
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shadownet752 polycounter lvl 6
    i do appreciate the offer, and it sounds like a fun little idea. Depending on what you need I may be in. But I'm just concerned about clashing styles as mentioned before.

So long as credit is given where it is due I don't see any harm. I'll keep an eye on the thread for updates. :)
  • JonathanPL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the reply Brett. Do you have any experience with character animation and would you be comfortable doing cartoonish CMI style characters?

Of course credit will be given to everybody participating and as stated above I will give everyone the final binaries so you can upload and link the project to your own portfolio.
  • shadownet752
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shadownet752 polycounter lvl 6
    JonathanPL wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Brett. Do you have any experience with character animation and would you be comfortable doing cartoonish CMI style characters?

Of course credit will be given to everybody participating and as stated above I will give everyone the final binaries so you can upload and link the project to your own portfolio.

love doing toon stuff. I'm no animator/rigger, but i am capable of doing both.
  • JonathanPL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    love doing toon stuff. I'm no animator/rigger, but i am capable of doing both.
    Great, maybe someone else could fill in on the rigging/animations?