Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

New Website Portfolio

Hey everyone I just made a new website. Please feel free to check it out and I would love some critiques and thoughts about my work and the site.

Site:http://www.brendenhaddad3d.com

A little something about me. I recently graduated from a Tech school specializing in digital animation and visual effects, my focus though is 3D Environment Art.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Hey, Nice website overall,
    I find it very weird tho that in your hard surface part you have render that are completely off centered. Looks a bit strange?
    Anyway, good luck for your job research :)
  • Calluhain
    Tits wrote: »
    Hey, Nice website overall,
    I find it very weird tho that in your hard surface part you have render that are completely off centered. Looks a bit strange?
    Anyway, good luck for your job research :)

Thankyou very much and are you talking about the last few renders, if you click on the picture it becomes bigger, but I see what you're saying that's an easy fix.

thanks again
  • Calluhain
    I like the layout of the page but my input would be to have the links go to
    1) Portfolio
    2) About me
    3) Resume
    4) Contact me

Then for your portfolio section, keep your current photo layout but have pics as links to the layout. This way you can upload many more work without cluttering your links in the bar on top of your site.
    Did i confuzzle you yet? XD

Nope no confuzzling here, i understand, so I have my same layout for all my work, but linked from a single portfolio page?
  • Calluhain
    Since i'm on this persons thread i'll use their site as an example. http://davidjohngardner.com/
    the way they have their portfolio set up but for each piece of work keep your layout.
    so the final result will be the clickable picture to lead to a photo layout. I'm not a fan of his slideshow thing. I like your layout where everything is in front of me.

Thanks for the quick feedback, always appreciated, I'll get right on that. :)
  • jimmypopali
    Just something little, your Hard Surface and Old Industrial link to the same page. Not sure if that was intentional.
  • cholden
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Chinese Temple is clearly the best piece. Still, the materials are clearly generated with filters over the diffuse. The high tricount is also suspect as the building seems to have little detail. Not displaying the wireframe on this assets leaves a lot of questions.

Old Industrial conceptually doesn't make much sense, but more importantly, the texture generation appears to be some crazybump default settings over the diffuse.

The Hard-Surface section is just untextured low poly models. The last piece has some more detail, but these all look like WIPs. Hard surface modeling usually looks like high detail meshes.

Generally speaking, most of the images have a lot of negative space. Some of these composition aren't even looking at the asset. Just a camera pulled back looking at a solid color background with the content off to one side.

and btw, about and contact pages are extra clutter redundant to a RESUME which is actually important. You need a resume.
  • Calluhain
    Just something little, your Hard Surface and Old Industrial link to the same page. Not sure if that was intentional.

From the main page, I just fixed that, thanks.
  • Calluhain
    cholden wrote: »
    Chinese Temple is clearly the best piece. Still, the materials are clearly generated with filters over the diffuse. The high tricount is also suspect as the building seems to have little detail. Not displaying the wireframe on this assets leaves a lot of questions.

Old Industrial conceptually doesn't make much sense, but more importantly, the texture generation appears to be some crazybump default settings over the diffuse.

The Hard-Surface section is just untextured low poly models. The last piece has some more detail, but these all look like WIPs. Hard surface modeling usually looks like high detail meshes.

Generally speaking, most of the images have a lot of negative space. Some of these composition aren't even looking at the asset. Just a camera pulled back looking at a solid color background with the content off to one side.

and btw, about and contact pages are extra clutter redundant to a RESUME which is actually important. You need a resume.

Thankyou for the feedback, much appreciated.
  • Calluhain
    Just started using nDo2 and texturing again, let me know what you think. All of this very WIP not design direction yet, just wanted to mess with nDo2. :)

Ndo2_Test.jpg
    wireframe.jpg
    Normal.jpg
    AO.jpg
  • SanderDL
    Offline / Send Message
    SanderDL polycounter lvl 7
    the text at the top is messed up for me in Chrome:

fontsmess.jpg

I would go with simple html and css to make your site, so you can prevent these problems. Also test in mutiple browsers and on a smart phone if you can.
  • Calluhain
    SanderDL wrote: »
    the text at the top is messed up for me in Chrome:

fontsmess.jpg

I would go with simple html and css to make your site, so you can prevent these problems. Also test in mutiple browsers and on a smart phone if you can.

Thanks for letting me know, that's odd though, I use chrome all the time, mobile works fine, i'll definitely look into it, thanks again.