Home General Discussion

Comp act weird?

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
S_ource polycounter lvl 9
Hey when i recently watched a .mp4 level tutorial from udk. The player acted real weird playing and pausing really fast(windows media player) (got a error message about a server or something, just keep coming allot of them) got so stressed that i forgot to try to take a screenshot of it) pressed the button to turn it off but it did take such a long while so i turned it of on the computer button.

Now when i start the computer some message is shown (picture)(sometime not always), and i have no idea what it is. And also sometime when im going to log into windows it seems like it press enter before im done typing the password. So im wondering what this is and if its something wrong with the computer, if its something wrong how to fix it.

startscreenshot.jpg

Replies

• S_ource
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Forgot to add that i have made a quick search on the computer and found nothing (with mocrosoft security essentials)
  • mike670
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mike670 polycounter lvl 11
    That is pretty weird,

That picture looks like the linux grub boot loader.

Ill try to help;
    First a link to the video that messed up(actual origin)

Do you have a wacom?

then tell or give a screenshot of your partitions(right click on computer/manage/disk management) this might give a clue to the startup thing.

a screenshot or list of all the active entries in the startup(start/run/msconfig/startup) this might have some weird program or virus so It cant hurt to look.

we will see whats there and see if I can help you out!
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    Looks like your bootloader got messed up. Try typing :

bcdedit> 0 & notepad 0

into cmd.exe (make sure to run as administrator)

Also check msconfig -> boot -> bootoptions and make sure safe boot is off and no check marks are there.

Is this a legitimate version of Windows also?
  • S_ource
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for helping me out. Here are where i got the videos from (udk's website) http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/VideoTutorials.html think it was 3d buzz simple level about lightening. (don't believe its because of the video this happened)
    Yes i have a wacom.

I have also scanned the whole computer and nothing was found.

Don't know if you will understand anything from the disk management its all in swedish. can try to describe
    C: no error,system, systemstart, switchfile, aktive, kraschdump, primary partition

And on the startup thing its a tab labeld systemstart, maybey its the same thing? anyway its only saying stuff on one line about windows 7 being the standard os and such.

Its not a legit version of windows, although next time i buy a computer i will most likely get one with bought windows so i can go to support for errors.

This message that is in the image does not come up every time i start the computer(at least what i see).

Could you reset the computer to a previous stage when it was not having this?

And do you think its anything to worry about i mean it occurred at the same time ass a video was paused, a video that most likely not have a virus. or was it just a coincidence that something else happened at the same time. Looks like a really weird virus if it pause a video several times although the error messages that kept popping up was scary /thanks
  • mike670
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mike670 polycounter lvl 11
    hm, I could be just the fact its not a legit version of windows, don't know what to tell you there, but I have had a problem with my wacom before where the pan button gets 'stuck' down when I move it off the pad. This equates over to the space key getting spammed a whole lot which in turn pauses and plays the vid very fast. and the video can't be the problem, I have also watched those.

Other than that I'm not sure.

cheers
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    S_ource wrote: »
    Its not a legit version of windows, although next time i buy a computer i will most likely get one with bought windows so i can go to support for errors.

Tbh you shouldn't be making threads here and asking for help if that's the case...
  • S_ource
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul wrote: »
    Tbh you shouldn't be making threads here and asking for help if that's the case...

Sorry did not mean any harm.